17. Exposed

*toms pov*

I was sitting in the waiting room at my hairdresser when I heard someone scream my name. I turned around and saw my stylist waving at me, signaling me to come over to her. "What's wrong?" I walked over to her. "You have to see this." She said and she pointed at the tv. My eyes widened. I was on tv. But not alone. They released a picture of me kissing April. Without my consent! I can't believe this. "Shit, I have to call April." She has to hear this from me, not from the news.

I dialed Aprils number. "Please pick up." I walked around the room nervously. "Hey, Tommy. What's up?" Her soft voice sounded through my phone. "April, hi. I need to tell you something." I said stressed. "What's the matter?" She asked. "We're on the news, April. Someone apparently took a photo of us kissing and it has been exposed on the news. I'm so, so sorry." I really don't want her to be upset. What if she doesn't want to date me anymore? "Oh my god, that sucks. Why would someone do that, jeez." She sounded frustrated. "Are you okay?" I carefully asked. "Yeah, I guess. Nothing we can do about it." She responded. "You're right."

"I'm skipping my hair appointment. I'll come over right now, okay?" I suggested. I just wanted to be with her right now. Stupid paparazzi. "Great, I'll see you in a bit, Tommy." She hung up the phone. I love how she calls me Tommy. Only people who are close to me call me that.

I knocked on Aprils door. "Hey, come on in." April opened the door for me with a soft smile. She smelt like daisies. I walked past her towards the living room.  April followed me. "April, I'm so sorry this happened. I never wanted to put you out in the open." I apologized. "Tom, it's not your fault. You didn't take that picture, and you didn't put in on social media. It's just a stupid person who's life is so boring they have to expose others." April responded. Good, she's not mad. At least, not at me. "Besides, maybe it's a good thing that we're out in the open now. We don't have to hide anything anymore." April walked up to me and grabbed my hands. "That's true. Maybe it is a good thing." I smiled and kissed her soft lips. I let go and walked back to the hallway. "Where are you going?" I heard April asking from the living room. "Just a second!" I answered. I really wanted April to be my girlfriend. I never knew when I should ask her, but I think now is the right time. I put my hand in the pocket of my jacket and pulled out a navy blue, velvet box. I opened it to look at it one more time. It was a silver necklace with three small, elegant stones; moonstone, rose quarts and amethyst. I closed the box and walked back to April. She was staring at me with a confused look. "Where'd you go?"

"April, I wanted to ask you this a while ago but I never found the right moment. But right now, it's the perfect moment." I handed her the small box. "What is this?" She looked at me with puppy eyes. "Just open it." I smiled. April opened the box and her eyes widened. "Oh my god! Tommy! It's beautiful!" She squealed. "What did I do to deserve this beautiful present?" She asked me, smiling. "Well, uhm I wanted to give it to you but with one question." I replied. Suddenly I got really nervous. "Ask away." April smiled at me.

"All right. April, do want to be my girlfriend?" My heart was beating out of my chest. My knees were a little weak. She stared at me. Shit, I ruined it. But then April ran towards me and jumped in my arms. "Of course I want to be your girlfriend, silly!" She squealed. I laughed and hugged her extremely tight. At this moment, everything felt right in the world. April, the sweetest, funniest, most amazing and beautiful girl in this entire world was now my girlfriend. April got out of my arms and grabbed my face. She pecked her lips on mine. "Thanks for the beautiful necklace, boyfriend." She giggled. "You're welcome, girlfriend." I chuckled and I kissed her tenderly.