7) I Guess You Were Right

I waited on the porch of the complex for Cameron to pull up. Dahvie, Cameron, and Izzy were coming pick me up for a concert tonight. It was a band that Izzy knew the singer of so she insisted on all of us going. Dahvie thought it would be good if we went with them and I did too. It probably would make Cameron really happy. We also agreed on trying to recreate old memories and new ones. Either one could work and we seemed to get along better when we didn't try to hard to fix things. 

I didn't no exactly how to dress for a concert and considering I didn't know what type of music the band played, so I just dressed pretty casual. I have on skinny jeans with a To Write Love On Her Arms black hoodie. I through on my high tops as well. I did my make up pretty simple but I curled my hair and tossed it all over to one side. I thought it was good enough. 

Thats when their car pulled up and a smile formed on my lips. I was excited to spend time with them again.

I got in the car and shut the door behind me. Dahvie was sitting in the back with me and he gave me a small smile. 

"Hey." I greeted.

"Hey." He greeted back. He looked like he was forcing his happiness. It just pained me to look at him but I couldn't ignore him. 

"Thanks for picking me up Cameron." I said. 

"No problem." He replied. 

"You're hair is so pretty Iris." Izzy said, looking back at me from the front. "I can't get mine to curl like that." 

"I can try and help you some time." I said, smiling. "If you want."

"Its a date." She chuckled and then sat back down. Cameron turned up the stereo which was playing The Used and I was smirking. We both had pretty much the exact same music taste. 

Dahvie scooted over to me. "Have you talked to Jayy in awhile?" He said in a somewhat low voice. Cameron and Izzy didn't hear us though.

I was about to say yes but I realized I actually haven't. He hasn't come to check on me or just chat... what was up with that? "No, why?" 

He shrugged. "I was just wondering. You said he checked up on you before." Fuck, where was he? 

 "He'll come around. He always does." I felt a bit of guilt wash over me. Did I actually really hurt him when I yelled at him before...? I've yelled and put up tons of fights with Jayy before. Why would this time be any different? 

"You look nice by the way." Dahvie said. He was giving me a weak smile but it didn't look forced. He just looked tired. He always looked so tired. Cameron was right about him not sleeping.

I smiled back. "Thank you." I knew he was trying.

"Are you excited about starting work tomorrow?" He asked. He was actually trying to make conversation with me. I liked this.

"Actually... yeah! But at the same time, no. I've never worked anywhere but the diner. I surprised I even got the job to be honest. I'm nervous." I laughed. 

He chuckled. "You'll do fine. Then maybe... I can take you out to dinner after work? To celebrate?" 

"Sure, that'd be nice." I smiled. "It's a date." 

_____

We arrived at the venue and Dahvie hooked his arm with mine, pulling me close. Feeling close to him really just put me in a happy place. I tried to just focus on what was going on right now rather then what would happen in the future. I know he didn't probably want me in his life later. So I was enjoying what I had now.

"Wait to you hear James's band!" She yelled over the people talking in the venue. It was pretty loud. "Let's go in the back so we can chat with him and his band!"