4) Recreate Memories

***2 Days Later***

I woke up the sound of my phone going off. I looked at the clock and it read 9:44 A.M.. I groaned and picked up my phone which was still ringing. I didn't recognize the number what so ever. I flipped the phone open.

I yawned. "Hello?" 

"Iris?" The person on the other line asked.

"Yes? Who's this?" I asked.

"It's Cameron." My eyes widened at his name. Why was he calling me? Shit, I never told him anything about Dahvie.

"Oh hey Cameron." I said awkwardly. "Why are you calling?"

"I'm sorry its so early." He paused and I heard a sigh. "I got your number from Dahvie's phone. Did something happen between you guys?" Fuck.

I tried to act innocent. "What do you mean?" 

"He's not the same, Iris. He's either upset or angry now. When I mention you, he gets pissed. He never wants to talk, hang out, or just be around me anymore. I don't know if I did something but I'm worried. I tried just sitting down with him but he doesn't want to talk. He just goes out early and comes back late. Izzy and I are worried. He changed." I could tell he was upset by the tone of his voice. I felt terrible.

"Well a lot happened." I said. "We broke up." It was the only thing I could think of telling him instead of the actual full story. I didn't want him thinking I was crazy.

"Oh." He said. "What happened?" 

"I'm not going to get in to details." I replied softly. "I'm just not good enough for him."

He scoffed. "Not good enough? Look, you made him happier than any girl ever has. He loved you and from what I saw, you loved him too. When he told me he wanted you to be his, he went and got a ring. Did he give you the ring?" I realized there were tears falling from eyes again. Not that this was new, it's all I could ever do as it seemed.

"Yes." I sniffled. "I can't be his, Cameron." I looked down at my hand. The ring was around my finger and I smiled slightly. I was his. Even if he didn't want me to be his, I was. I wouldn't find someone else like him because there wasn't anyone else out there like him. I was going to be his till the day I died.

"And why the hell not?" He asked. 

"Because I'm not good enough. I don't care what you saw or knew, I wasn't good enough. He deserves to much better than me and I just screw up his life." I sat up and whipped the tears from my face.

"You didn't screw up his life." He sighed. "Just please think this through. I hate to see him like this." 

"I'll try." I replied. 

"Bye, Iris." With that, he hung up. I closed my phone and set it back on the table. I then laid in bed and drifted back to sleep with only one thing on my mind.

_____

 Once again, I woke up from the sound of my phone going off. I sighed and looked at the time. It was 9:43 in the morning. I reached for my phone, pulling it off the charger. I flipped it open and my heart stopped at the name that was on my cell phone screen. It was a text from Dahvie.

"Hey. If you're not busy, please stop over. I need to talk to you. Anytime is good." 

Why did he want me to come over? I wondered if it was a trick from Cameron, trying to get us back together. Hopefully he wouldn't do that. He would have no idea how much more drama he would be starting up.

I got up from the bed and decided to make myself presentable today. I don't no why I was really trying  but I thought I'd give it a shot.

I walked up the hallway to his apartment. My heart was racing and my palms felt sweaty. I don't know what was going on but I really was hoping for a second chance. I wasn't going to get my hopes up though. I know I don't deserve one.