6) Just A Hopeful Smile

I pulled him close, next to me. Dahvie and I were watching TV with Cameron and Izzy. I was snuggled next to him, close. I wouldn't be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying this. I missed this. He was colder now so it wasn't like before, but I still just wanted to lay with him.

"So Iris," Cameron started. "Dahvie says you got a new job."

"Yeah." I replied. "American Eagle." 

"Can you get friends discounts?" Izzy asked, smiling. 

I chuckled. "I'll have to check." That's when I felt Dahvie's arm around me fall limp. I looked up and realized he had fallen asleep. I smiled at how cute he looked. I know we were supposed to be working really hard on getting him to care again but I really did enjoy this time we spent together. Theres no reason I couldn't. I was just going to really miss him after this so I thought I'd just enjoy what I had right now. 

"When do you start?" Cameron asked. 

"Friday." I shifted but not enough to wake up Dahvie. 

"Hes finally sleeping." Cameron laughed. "He stays up so late now. I was wondering when he'd finally crash." 

I looked up at him. "At least hes finally relaxing." 

"Yeah." Cameron pulled Izzy closer to him. She smiled in his arms. "I don't know whats been up with him lately." 

"I'm ever worried." Izzy frowned. 

"Hes just been... going through a lot." I didn't know what else to say.

"I just wish he'd talk to us." Cameron sighed. "At least he has you though." 

I forced another smile. "Yeah." He'd be better off never having someone like me in his life. 

"That's why I was so worried when you guys weren't talking. You don't have to tell me what happened. I'm just glad you guys are okay now." Cameron smiled. 

"Yeah, I'm happy too." I gave another fake smile. I was lying to these people and I considered them my friends. I think all I ever did was lie to everyone I was close to now. It was becoming a terrible habit. I hated myself for it.

"So did you guys want to go out for dinner or order something?" Izzy asked, fixing herself on the couch. 

"Let's just order pizza. Let Dahvie sleep." Cameron pushed himself up from the couch and went to the kitchen but stopped in the door way. "I'm just gunna get plain cheese, is that okay?" 

"Sure." Izzy and I both said at the same time. She chuckled. Cameron left the room and left Izzy, Dahvie, and I alone. Dahvie was still fast asleep. Izzy scooted herself closer to the edge of the couch by me.

She gave me a worried look."I'm worried about Cameron." 

"Why?" I asked. 

"Between Dahvie and the baby, hes so stressed. He just never gives himself anytime anymore. Hes always worried now and trying to fix things." She bit her lip. "Hes barley sleeping himself." 

"How has Dahvie been acting?" I asked. 

"He doesn't really sleep at all like Cameron said. But he doesn't really talk anymore... he just goes out or to his room right away. We offer to let him join us but he never wants to. The only time he comes out is when you're here or something."

"I could try talking to him..." I didn't know what else to say. I mean, this was my fault. 

"I wouldn't stop you but he just gets really mad when you ask him whats wrong... I don't really know. Is everything okay between you too? Like are you fighting bad?" She asked with a worried look on her face.