~38. Stockholm Syndrome or love?🖤

Veer was driving aimlessly. He was panicking on the inside.

V: Kisne kaha tha hoshiyar banne...tujhe pata tha ki at the end of the day ye kaam galat hi hai....ek gunde se apni land chudwane me kitni problem ho rahi thi, usse haath milane ka socha bhi kyun maine..

He was cursing his brain and kept driving. He parked the car at the corner and breathed.

V: Jo ho gya hai, usse kosne se kuch nahi hoga...ab mujhe practically sochna chahiye..mera phone on krne ka khatra mai nahi mol skta and ye car bhi thikane lagani chahiye..

Veer kept driving till he reached a small town. He broke his sim card and rented a room in a cheap hotel as they don't keep records. It was early morning and only one staff member was there. He asked him for water and some food. The boy was sceptic but he offered him money. As soon as the boy left, Veer bought Bani out and took her inside the room. He locked it and waited at the reception.

Boy: Bhaiya, koi aya toh nahi na? Seth marega agar pata chala ki mai gayab tha..

V: Koi nahi aya...

B: Accha, ye lijiye pani aur is time ye bread-butter hi milla mujhe...

V: Ye badhiya hai, thanks..

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bani woke up feeling heavy. She got up and rubbed her head. She noticed the strange room. She was on a bed! She was never allowed to sleep on a bed before. It looked cheap and the mattress was off-white but she had never slept on a bed before. She looked around and noticed the negligible furniture. She got up and went to the washroom which was really small but she had to pee.

She was super confused but when she exited the washroom, she was shocked.

B: Bhooooot!!!!!!

Veer was still wearing the mask from the night before. He had entered the room when Bani was in the washroom and thought to scare her.

B: Bacha-

Veer realized that if she screams, their cover will be blown. He quickly pulled off the mask and winked at her. Bani was dumbfounded.

 Bani was dumbfounded

B: Aap...kon ho aap? Aapne mujhe mere ghar se utha liya...aur...aur...mere sath..? mujhe yahan kyu laye ho..

V: Please ek baar meri baat suno, and konsa ghar? Vo jo tumse chutkara paakr khush hai?

He told Bani everything. She felt sad and sat down with tears in her eyes.

B: Maine kya bigara hai chachi ka? Vo kyu mere saath humesha..

She started to sob and Veer stood uncomfortable. He was unsure if he should comfort a stranger. If she would like that. Hesitantly, he placed a hand on her shoulder. Bani looked up and gave him a teary smile.