~8. Stand by me 💞

Dear readers,
I am so surprized by all your response on the first chapter of 'Stand by me'. I wrote this story long ago, right after the first story itself, but kept delaying publishing it as I thought nobody would like it. Infact, at one point, I was not going to publish it at all. Phir maine socha ki likh hi liya hai to publish kr deti hoon. Tbh I was expecting some discontent.
Genuinely shocked that people loved the story.

Also, I have been getting texts regarding how hard the Sunday wait is. So, I am thinking for scrapping the Sunday schedule. I will post new tracks on Sunday BUT if it has any parts, I will post it on a random day of the week if I can. No promises though.

~~~~~~~~~

The next day rolled in. Today was a special day. On Meera's insistence, Bani was going to let her do a makeover on her. Bani's only request was to not make her look like a Barbie doll- someone she is not and that keep it closer to her style. Meera smiled and asked her not to worry. She came to her home early that day. Bani was already bathed and had washed her hair. Meera gave her an effortless style with black top and jeans. She paired it up with comfortable flats and her hair left natural.

She looked herself yet different

She looked herself yet different. Bani usually dressed well but it was just the fact that people always compared her as Veer's girlfriend and decided she was not up to the mark. To add on, her glasses were something that got made fun of a lot.

M: You have such beautiful eyes...in chashmo ke peeche ki ankho ko toh maine bhi aaj pehli baar dekha hai..

Bani smiled and wore her contact lenses.

B: But I am not that comfortable. Mai ye roz roz na karu shyd..

M: It's okay Bani...Maine konsa tujhe princess dairies type ka ek dum drastic makeover diya hai? You look the same, bs clothes thode fitted hai and chasma nahi hai. Waise bhi aaj discussion club ki party hai...I know log kehte hai padhaku group hai, iski party boring hai pr hume usse kya? It is fun day for us and we'll enjoy it..

B: Boring ho chahe na ho...mere liye toh they have helped me with my confidence a lot isliye best hai...

Bani's mom: Beta, Veer shyd bahar horn baja raha hai...vo tujhe pick krne aya hai?

B: Usne mujhe pick krna toh iss year ke starting hi chor diya tha...vo toh Aarav ke saath jaata h na..

Meera peeped through the window and saw no one was there with him.

M: Aaj akela hi hai...

B: Oh..chalo chalte hai phir..

M: Are you mad...don't ruin your dramatic moment....Aunty aap Veer se kahiye ki 'Roz to vo khud hi jaati hai beta, aaj bhi chali gayi...usse pata hota aaj tum pick kroge to shyd wait kr leti..'

B: Kyu aisa?

M: Let him feel guilty....He took you for granted for a long time..

Bani's mom told exactly that to Veer. He felt bad that he didn't prioritize his sweetheart over his new college friends. She goes alone while her house is right next to his. He left for college.