~26. Letters of Love💌

The twelve year old boy was pacing in his room. A letter clutched in his hands. He wiped the beads of sweat off his forehead and re-read the letter.

Whoever you are,

I have been writing to you since so many years. I lost count. You know all about me so you should know I am turning eleven tomorrow. I am no more a stupid small girl. I know dad is in heaven and he cannot write to me.

Who are you? How do you get my letters every time? Why are you replying like dad? How do you sneak into my house every time? I have so many questions but mainly, I have a request. I want to meet you. I know you are alive as only alive can reply back. People with god do not. I know this now.

Please, I wish that tomorrow when I reach the terrace, I don't find the letter but you instead. It is a birthday wish.

Bani

V: Isse to pata chal gaya! Lekin kabhi to pata chalna hi tha....Lekin mai isse kaise millu...I already feel I know her because I read about her, I talk to her but I only reply as her dad. She knows nothing about me. But it is her birthday tomorrow. I should not deny her birthday wish.

After much contemplation, he decided to comply.

The next day, Veer got dressed in his black dress shirt and pants. He sneaked into his dad's room and sprayed some perfume. He was checking himself out in the mirror when a strong arm caught the back of his neck.

Ba: Kyu betaji? Kya ho raha hai yeh?

V: D-dad..k-k-kuch nahi..

Ba: Accha? Kuch nahi toh ye perfume kyu laga raha hai? Aur ye aise kapde kyu pehne hai? Sach sach bol..

V: Uff Ballu!! (shrugs off his dad's arm) Cheel....

Veer ran away.

Ba: Iss ladke ka mai kya karu???

Pawan came there laughing. He had seen the father-son exchange from the window.

Pa: Bhaisaab aap hi ka beta hai. Jb nervous hota hai toh extra confidence dikha kr bhaag jaata hai...aap relax kro..

Ba: Pr ye aise ready hokr gaya kahan hai? Aur pehle to kbhi aisa nahi kiya..

Pa: Kya pata, Veer bada ho raha hai..koi pasand aa gayi hogi. Impression jamana hoga..

Ba: Badi jaldi bade ho jate hai bacche..

They shook their heads and went to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Veer reached the terrace and turned human. He sat on the terrace wall and waited. He was nervous. A while later, Bani came there. She was wearing a denim skirt and white shimmery top. Her hair was in a half ponytail. She came there with unsure steps.

B: You are...?

V: Veer...Veeranshu..hi

Veer was hell nervous. He did not know how to react.

B: You wrote letters..?

V: Sorry..

B: Why? How? ..

V: Um...mai sb batata hoon..pr sbse pehle..Happy Birthday Bani..

B: Thank you...ek minute.

She went in and bought him a cupcake. Veer sat in a corner and ate it.

 Veer sat in a corner and ate it