~28. Love and Revenge👿

Story Background:

Rakesh and Ranjana Sharma were married and had a beautiful daughter named Bani. When Bani was two, her mother had an affair with another man. When this came to light, Bani's father killed herself. Bani's mother remarried to the man she had an affair with and they had a daughter- Naina. The man also died in a car accident. Ranjana raised both- Bani and Naina as a single mother thereafter.

Ranjana's family had broken ties with her when she cheated on Bani's dad. Naina's father was an orphan but Bani's dad hailed from a very rich family. He was an only son. Bani's grandfather- Mohan Sharma hated Ranjana but knew that Bani was innocent. He accepted her as his granddaughter and willed her the sole heiress to his property. This made Naina very jealous but she also knew that she had no claims over it as Manoj was not her grandfather.

Naina and Ranjana made a devilish plan. They knew if Bani died, the property would go to charity but if she was married to someone, it would go to her husband. They asked Jai Mathur, Naina's boyfriend, to help them out and he agreed. He wanted to open a restaurant and they promised that Bani's property would help him.

Note: It is an intensive background, hope it is clear. Also, all are human.

Characters profile:

Naina: Bani's step sister. She is envious of Bani and very self-centred by nature.

Jai Mathur: Naina's BF. He is clueless. He just wants money for his restaurant and will go to any extent for it.

Ranjana: Bani's mother. She is very materialistic and money-minded.

Manoj Sharma: Bani's grandfather. Retired army man. Hails from a rich background. Loves his granddaughter but hates Ranjana.

Bani: The protagonist, she is very simple and innocent. She is a shy person who sees good in people.

Veeranshu: The male protagonist. His profile will unfold with the story.

(New character images at the end)

~~~~~~~~

Bani stood rooted at the spot. Tear were flowing freely from her eyes. She felt betrayed as she saw Jai, her fiancé kissing her step sister on a bridge.

She had agreed to marry this guy she had never met before because her mother asked her to. So many people have their wedding arranged for them, why not her as well? She thought her mother would pick the best guy for her. However, looking at him tongue wrestling another made her question if he was the right choice for her.

What hurt her more was that it was Naina who he was kissing. Her sister out of all people. Yes, they were step-sisters but she loved her regardless. Her grandfather loathed her but Bani never hated Naina for their parent's crimes.

Her grandfather would often tell her: 'My betu, you always see good in people. But people are not good always. You shouldn't place so much faith in people...specially people like them!' He would spit out the last words. His anger resurfacing. She would calm him down saying he is wrong but now how can she ever say this to him. He wasn't wrong. She placed trust in these people and they broke it.

'Why?'

She words came out of Bani's mouth. Jai and Naina's eyes widened and they turned to see a broken looking Bani. Instead of feeling guilty, they panicked. If she will refuse to marry him, then what will happen of the money?

Jai: Bani, aisa kuch nahi hai jaisa tum soch rahi ho...vo..

B: Vo kya? (she felt broken) Aur Naina tum?