I Didn't Shoot The Sheriff

This is an original chapter that takes place during Season 5 Episode 3. I am not responsible for spoilers in the comments.

2 weeks. 2 weeks of non-stop demon-hunting. She was going to kill Bobby if he called her again with more omens. Straight murder. No foreplay, no torture, no stupidly long sob-story villain speech. Just boom. Murder. Nice and clean and simple.

The old man had gotten out of the hospital 17 days ago. 17 horribly long days. She swore the man didn't sleep- and this was coming from Marley, the girl who was functioning on 10 hours of sleep... since Bobby left the hospital.

She was becoming incredibly exhausted. Every time she finished checking out an area for demons, Bobby had given her a list of 5 other places to check out. He seemed very pleased with his method of sending her to investigate and then sending hunters to take care of the demons if it was legitimate. Marley on the other hand- not a fan. Now don't misunderstand her, she didn't mind road trips, but this constant driving around had her ready to claw out her own brain.

Her fingers were mindlessly tapping along to China Grove as it played from the car stereo; her brain on autopilot mode as she cruised down the road. She had just crossed from Nebraska back into South Dakota when her phone rang. Her eyes glanced down at the number and the phone creaked in her hand as her fingers held it in a crushing grip. The caller ID was a number she had memorized over the past 2 weeks and was one she wouldn't mind never seeing again.

With a quiet growl she flipped open the phone and placed it next to her ear. "If you are calling me with another job, so help me Bobby, I will push you off the side of the mountain while listening to Misty Mountain Hop cause I really don't care. Don't care, really don't."

"I've got some omens showing up here in Sioux Falls. Check 'em out on your way back."

Marley ground her teeth. "Bobby I have been working for basically 12 days straight. Like I told you the last time we talked- I am done. I need sleep or I'm going to pass out, those are the two options right now."

"Oh I'm sorry. You're right. Why don't you go take a nap. I'm sure the demons will pause their apocalypse until you wake up!" Bobby snapped at her.

"Fantastic." A happy sarcastic tone dripped from her tongue. "Can you also check with them for when we can schedule a snack time?"

"Marley this is serious."

"Then why did you call me?!"

"Because I got no one else." Bobby let out a heavy sigh. "Look kid, I've got every available hunter I know out hunting demons, last I checked Dean was helping Castiel out with something, and Sam decided now was a good time to take a knee. Which leaves you."

"So much for best hunters in the world. Can't even help with a few demons." Marley muttered before speaking up. "I gotta pick up more salt first at the store and then I'll check around town."

"Pick up some beer while your out."

"In your dreams gramps." And she clicked her phone shut.

Yes she picked gramps as her nickname this time. It was tempting to open up the can of nicknames around his wheelchair, but Marley knew it was too sensitive a subject for him to joke with, even if he wouldn't admit it.

There was also no way she was picking him up beer. Something had to get him out of the house, and while she would get groceries for him to make sure he didn't starve, she wasn't picking up beer. That was something she knew would get him out of the house.

Her eyes trailed back down to her phone for a moment and she sighed before opening it and dialing a number. Might as well try.

Voicemail. Again.