You're Bacon Me Crazy

This chapter takes place during Season 5 Episode 14. I am not responsible for spoilers in the comments.

"What happened?"

Sam glanced at his brother, surprised by the slightly harsh tone he held.

Marley shook her head, not meeting his gaze. "I don't know."

"You're gonna have to do a lot better than I don't know." Dean folded his arms over his chest.

"You almost wolfed out in there Marley." Sam's voice was much softer than his brother's.

Marley bit the inside of her cheek as she raised her eyes to look at them. When her gaze shifted to Dean, there was fear shining in the back of her irises. If she told them, she knew there was a good chance they were gonna have to kill her. She took a deep breath before speaking.

"I'm not sure. It started at the morgue, but at the bar it was so much worse. It was like all my brain could think about, all I wanted to do..." Her gaze dropped to the floor. "I wanted to kill someone."

Dean's eyes darted to Sam, both of them sharing a look of confusion and concern.

"But Marley, that's not you. You wouldn't kill an innocent person." Sam spoke calmly.

"You don't know that Sam. The way I felt... if you hadn't gotten me out of there..."

Dean ran a hand over his face and Marley felt her throat tighten as he turned away from her.

"It's Famine."

The three heads turned to look at the angel who stood there with a Biggerson's to-go bag in hand. From where she sat, Marley could smell it was filled with hamburgers.

"What?"

"When did you start eating?" Dean asked, his face pinched with confusion.

"Exactly! My hunger- it's a clue actually. Along with the 8 other suicides and 19 overdoses in town."

"Cas. English, please." Dean said looking at the angel exasperated.

"This town isn't suffering from some love-gone-wrong effect. It's suffering from hunger. Starvation to be exact- specifically, Famine."

"Wait like the horseman?" Sam questioned, glancing over at Dean. "I thought famine meant starvation, like as in, you know, food."

Marley watched as Dean began pacing the room, hands on his hips. He was beyond stressed, he was falling apart.

"Yes absolutely. But not just food. I mean everyone seems to be starving for something- sex, attention, drugs, love..."

"Well that explains the puppy-lovers that Cupid shot up." Dean's gaze landed on Marley and his jaw clenched before he looked back at Cas. "But what about her, huh? What, Famine makes her go guano?"

"Famine can't make people do anything. He takes a craving, and then makes them rabid for it."

Dean looked back at Marley, and for the first time she realized what she was seeing in his eyes. Helplessness.

"I don't know." Marley shrugged. "Maybe the wolf in me is causing the cravings."

Cas nodded his head. "Jimmy, my vessel, he's the source of my craving for hamburger."

"So what? This whole town is just gonna eat, sleep, and screw itself to death?" Sam asked, exasperated.

"Unless we stop it. How did you stop the last horseman you met?"

"We cut off his mojo ring and he tucked tail and ran. Everybody that was affected, it was like they woke up out of a dream." Dean looked away from Marley, his tone gaining that 'I'm working a job' edge.