State of Mind

This chapter takes place during Season 5 Episode 11. I am not responsible for spoilers in the comments.

IMPORTANT:
This chapter is the mental hospital episode and I would just like to disclose that the diagnoses that I have given Marley are probably, most likely, not accurate. I chose them based on symptoms that I found on Google, and I did not check the DSM-5 to compare accuracy. I would also like to state that I do not believe Marley would be diagnosed with any of these due to the fact that they do not impair her daily functioning. You could argue the last one, but in this fictional book it is real. If you have any questions please feel free to ask, and I encourage you to seek help/ see a psychologist if you need to.

"And how are you feeling today Callie?"

Marley was sitting across from an older man, probably in his late 50's, wearing a dress shirt and lab coat that screamed "I'm a psychiatrist". The Winchesters had gotten admitted yesterday morning and now she was here the following afternoon, ready to be admitted. Originally they had discussed all 3 of them going in together, but ultimately decided Marley should come separate with no relation to them. She wasn't supposed to get involved unless they absolutely needed her, that way if things went sideways and they ended up in solitary, they still had someone on the outside.

So here she was. A completely sane person trying to get into Glenwood Springs Psychiatric Hospital. Did that by default make her not sane? Marley shrugged it off and leaned back in her chair with a huff, drumming her fingers against the arm of the chair.

"Little hungry I guess." She finally spoke, answering how she felt.

The man offered her a fake half smile. "I'm talking about your emotions."

"Well obviously. But where's the fun in that?" When Marley realized he wasn't gonna offer a response, she rolled her eyes and continued. "A little pissed at my parents for sending me here. I'm an adult ya know? It's my life. Let me handle it."

Sam had taken care of her files and all the red tape stuff which she was extremely grateful for. It was pretty basic stuff, and "Callie" was diagnosed with paranoid personality disorder, sensory processing disorder, oh... and lycanthropy.

"And why do you think your parents sent you here?"

"They think I need help. That I'm insane."

"And what do you think?"

"I think that if they had to deal with even half of what I do, they would have killed themselves months ago."

The doc looked up from the folder with her information. Slight concern showing in his eyes. "And what is it you have to deal with exactly?"

Marley appreciated him doing his job. Never putting words in her mouth, always asking questions so she would have to think and process. Dude went to a good school, the least she could do was tell the truth. She tilted her chair back down onto all fours and looked him in the eyes.

"I was made in a lab and genetically engineered to be a monster."

"A monster?" He spoke slowly, as if unsure whether he should be using that word.

"Well they wouldn't call me that. I think they prefer genetically modified mercenary. But same difference. Either way, I'm part wolf." The man's lips parted slightly, but Marley kept speaking. "I can turn into a wolf at will."

"Like a werewolf?"

"Don't be ridiculous." Marley scoffed. "Werewolves eat hearts and completely lose control on full moons. I can change whenever the heck I want, and I always have control of myself. Even pureblood werewolves struggle to do that."