09- Phobia Factor

*takes place right after the last chapter

Logan's POV

"Katie would want you to keep going," Bridgette told Sadie as she continued to sob on the dock.

"Don't you remember when Katie said you have to do it for the both of us?" I added on, bending down to her level. She was sprawled out while clinging onto the last piece of wood that Katie stepped on. "You can't let her down."

"C'mon, let's go back and join the others," Bridgette said. Sadie didn't want to budge.

In frustration, I yanked Sadie off of the dock successfully except for the fact that she was now clinging onto a single piece of wood.

"I miss you!" Sadie wailed as Bridgette lead her to the campfire. I followed close behind.

Our teammates looked up at us like we had two heads as we approached them. Bridgette and I helped Sadie to an open stump before I headed over to Duncan and DJ.

"It was a long goodbye," Bridgette informed our team, sitting down by Courtney.

"What do you guys want? Come by to rub it in?" I heard Courtney pipe up. I looked over to see the Gophers standing in front of us with cocky expressions.

"We got you some extra dessert after our tuck shop party. Thought you might want some," Trent responded while Gwen nodded with a smirk.

"So what? You're just being...nice?" Courtney asked warily.

"Okay. Owen stank up our cabin and we need some time to air out," Gwen admitted. To prove her statement, Owen let one slip.

"Eww. Dude!" Trent cringed. Meanwhile, Beth walked up to us with a plate of green jelly. She held up the plate in Courtney's face.

"NO!" Courtney yelled with a jump. Duncan and I shared looks because of her sudden outburst.

"I mean, no thanks. I'm good," she quickly corrected herself.

"What? You on a diet or something?" Duncan ridiculed, seeing that Courtney freaked out over a blob of jello.

"No! I just don't like green jelly, okay?" Courtney hissed, crossing her arms.

Beth then came over to DJ, Duncan, and I. As I was about to grab the plate, DJ knocked it out of Beth's hands.

"SNAKE!" he screeched.

"Aw, man!" I frowned, seeing the spilled jello laying on the ground.

"Chill, dude. It's just a gummy worm," Cody said, holding up the small piece of candy.

"Sorry for trippin'. Snakes just freak me out," DJ confessed.

"I feel you. Chickens give me the creeps, dude," Tyler whispered in DJ's ear, but I'm pretty sure most of us heard it.

"You're afraid of chickens?!" Gwen exclaimed in disbelief. I stifled a laugh.

"Wow, that's... That's really lame, man," Duncan chortled.

I was a bit stunned by the fact that a boy like Tyler would be afraid of a helpless bird. But hey, we all have our fears.

Because of DJ and Tyler's confessions, the Gophers decided to join us at the campfire.

//Gwen's Confessional

"So suddenly, everyone's having this big share-fest by the fire. Like Beth went on and on about how her mortal fear is being covered by bugs, Harold's afraid of ninjas, even Heather admitted she's afraid of sumo wrestlers." //