Ninjas and the Arrival

(Zane)

Everyone was rushing around the ship like mental patients, trying to get ready in thirty minutes or less. I didn't understand why, I was dressed in a matter of seconds.

I sat at the table in the kitchen, slowly eating a bowl of cereal. I heard the showers running, people running, and the ship's engine running. There was rapid yelling about such things like, "Where the hell is my toothbrush?" and, "Why the heck would you take my pants?"

As I finished drinking some orange juice, I put my dishes in the dishwasher and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and comb my short hair. Within ten minutes from when Sensei had dismissed us from his room, I was already on the deck of the bounty, staring at the ground below. My falcon flew up to me and perched on my shoulder.

"Hello little friend," I said to him, stroking his feathers.

The falcon cooed.

"How much farther until we reach the temple of spiders?" I asked. "Do you know?"

The falcon sent the readings to my head. Apparently, we would be there in another 18 minutes and 14 seconds before we were there. "Thank you," I calmly stated. He flew off. I gazed at the geography below.

As the Destiny's Bounty flew extremely fast, we covered miles of ground. I saw large lakes, quiet meadows, small mountains, and thick forests below. All kinds of trees, deciduous and coniferous alike. Pine, Maple, Spruce, Oak, Dogwood, and many, many more. I decided to meditate a bit before the others came and we arrived at our destination. So I sat down, closed my eyes, and became one with my surroundings.

(Kai)

"Where's my toothbrush!?" I yelled to no one in particular.

"You brush your teeth?" Jay snickered.

"Of course I do!" I shouted. "I bet you have my toothbrush!"

"I don't, but it's in the bathroom where you left it. Durr."

Ugh. I'm so stupid sometimes. "Shut up." I told Jay, trudging over to the bathroom. I took out my red toothbrush, squirted some toothpaste onto the bristles, and brushed my teeth.

I couldn't believe Zane was already ready. How could he get dressed and eat and everything so fast? I never understood. I had already wolfed down a Pop Tart while I was getting my red gi on. I spit the toothpaste into the sink and looked into the mirror. My hair stuck up in random places, jutting out at odd angles. I went to pick up the brush and decided against it. It was fine.

I figured we had about 15 more minutes until we touched down. So I went to the control room to just kind of look things over.

(Cole)

"Lloyd! WHY THE HECK DID YOU TAKE MY PANTS?!" I screamed at the weirdo in the green ninja gi holding my black pants.

He and Jay exploded with laughter.

"Guys! This is no time for funny stuff! Brielle's dad is in danger, and we have to be ready in like ten minutes!" I scolded the immature people. I snatched my pants from Lloyd and pulled them on.

"Sorry dude," Jay managed to say in between fits of hysterics, "I just wanted to brighten the mood." He wiped a tear of laughter from his eye.

I scowled and blew some black hair out of my face. I decided it needed to be brushed.

(Jay)

I was laughing so hard. After Cole left, I turned to Lloyd. "Oh my god! That was genius! I mean, who knew stealing Cole's pants could be so funny?"

Lloyd chuckled. "I know, right!" We high fived.

I put on my shirt and sighed. Funny stuff.

(Brielle)

After my shower, I put on my Silver gi and brushed my hair. It was wet, so more like auburn waves reached down to my belly button. I decided there was no time to dry it and put it up in a bun.

Nya's hair was short, so it dried fast, lucky for her. Then again, she wasn't coming on this mission, so she really didn't have to worry. I put my fighting fans into my belt and applied a quick layer of masacra and eyeliner- I have no idea why- just an istinct, I guess. I slipped on my shoes and ate some toast.

After my toast, I brushed my teeth and went outside onto the deck. Zane was already there, meditating. I didn't want to disturb him, so I walked over to the other side of the ship. I looked out at the horizon. It was a misty day, with a gray sky and no sun. the wind was blowing fast. I took my hair out of the bun and let the wind blow it. I stood on the very edge of the deck, and then sat on the railing. The cool air felt wonderful on my face, giving me power. I took out my fighting fans and swirled them around a bit, making a miniature cyclone.

Slashing a fan through the cyclone made it evaporate into the mist. I began to test out a bunch of different little maneuvers with the fans. I was doing some pretty cool things when I felt a warm hand on my shoulder.

I turned to see Cole's gorgeous dark eyes. I hopped off the railing. "Hey," I said.

"Hi. What you were doing just now was pretty cool. How did you learn to change the winds and stuff?" Cole asked.

"Oh, I was just fooling around, testing stuff out," I smiled. "How much farther until we're there?"

"I don't know," Cole admitted, "But I do hope your dad's okay."

I hugged him, a tear beginning to form in my eye. "Me too."

He embraced me with his strong arms. I buried my head in his chest, tears rolling down my cheek. My dad couldn't die. No matter how much I disliked him, he was still my dad. And I loved him.

Cole lifted my chin up, wiping the tears from my face. "It'll be alright," he assured me.

I smiled sadly. I sure hoped so.

"We're here," Sensei said, all of a sudden right next to us.

I jumped a little. "Whoa! Don't do that!"

"Sorry," Sensei said. "But I just thought that you should know that we have reached the temple of spiders."

I sighed. Everyone climbed down the anchor. As I touched down on the grass, my thoughts were filled with hatred. Hatred for Arachne and all spiders. For being alive, for doing this to me and my dad.

I had to save him.

"Let's go," I ordered.

And then I jogged into the opening, the others behind me. We had arrived.