𝟏𝟕: 𝖎𝖓𝖛𝖎𝖘𝖎𝖇𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖞 𝖈𝖑𝖔𝖆𝖐

In a dazed stumble towards the bathroom, still in a lethargic semi-drunk state, Sirius felt for the shower handle. Adjusting it to the perfect temperature, he stepped in. In the timeline of a few months, he had perfected this unsung art form. The first drops of the shower were usually bitterly cold but that's the feeling that assisted him in sobering up. Eventually, the room was fogged up, warm steam calming his skin. A pair of soft hands stealthily hugged him from the back. Sirius let out a shaky breath, placing both his arms on the wall for support. Her fingers traced his figure, every touch being a blessing and a curse that ignited his body in flames. The water cascaded down, warming his body even more and for some reason, it was a satisfying sensation. If the touch of her fingers was enough to make him fall six feet under, straight to Azkaban, he could only imagine what would happen when she graces him with the touch of her lips. He punched the wall in his shower, taking a second to realize why. Not that he was careless or enjoyed pain, but in frustration; because once again, it was only a figment of his imagination.

              Turning the faucet off, Sirius wrapped the towel around his waist and turned the doorknob to his room. "You didn't attend classes again." "Prongs, nice to see you too," Sirius smiled sarcastically. He had overslept again and it was the fourth time he had missed classes this week. "Well, you sent me an owl to bring you my Invisibility Cloak," "So, you brought it then? Where is it?" The young wizard walked toward his wardrobe, fishing out a white button-up. "I'll tell you if you promise to reduce your drinking," James offered. Rummaging through his drawer, Sirius pulled out two different colored pants. "Black or blue?" "Black, promise?" James referred back to his previous statement. No answer was heard from Sirius' side. He only slipped his pants on and buttoned it, completely ignoring James. James eyed his friend as he walked towards his study. "I know it's hard to forget Emily, but y-" "It's not Emily." Sirius retorted, pouring himself a glass of Pure Malt Whiskey. The curly-haired boy scoffed in disbelief.  "Is this about Laav? Is that why you're drinking like you've lost everyth-?"

            "Because I feel like I have!" Sirius' slammed the glass on the table, leaving James stunned. For once, the room which the two boys were in together, was silent. It haunted them. "And if I can't forget her name..." He took a deep breath before continuing. "Then, allow me to drink till I forget my own." Well, those words just fell out of his mouth. They've been sitting there in his head for a long time. James couldn't decipher whether he was angry but he could feel the pain in his voice and he knew Sirius needed the time for himself. "The cloak is with your brother," James replied, before disappearing into thin air. Sirius knew he had messed up. James had been there for him always. Always. Whenever he was tired of home, he would escape to the Potter's and they welcomed him with no hesitation. However, he couldn't wrap his head around this one thing James mentioned. His forehead creased. What business would his brother have for the usage of the Invisibility Cloak?

***

             Sirius slid through the doors of the library, closing it slowly so it made no sound. He made sure to look around before peeking his head out of the cloak. Skimming around which rack he wanted to delve into today, he spotted the back of someone. A very certain someone. Covering himself with the cloak, he stealthily sneaked up and in a low voice, he teased. "Ms. Alden, what are you doing here?" He expected her to be startled but alas, she knew him too well. She didn't have to look. Even in his silence, she felt his presence. Revealing himself, he added. "You don't read," "I do now," she answered bluntly. "The real question is, what are you doing here? It's after hours." Students weren't allowed outside of their dorms after 7, due to the recent events regarding the infiltration of the Deatheaters.

             "Looking for something new to read, perhaps something poetic." He leaned against the rack. "Is that so? Go on then," Laav said, her attention unwavering from the row of books displayed in front of her. She couldn't decide which book she wanted to read. Nothing, in particular, caught her eye. They all seemed... average. "Aren't you going to turn ar-" Sirius stopped talking midway. He heard the shuffling of footsteps in front of the doors of the library. "Am I no-?" Almost like a reflex, he grabbed Laav's arm and pinned her to the back of the bookshelf, veiling the both of them with the Invisibility Cloak. "What are you do-" Sirius clamped his left hand over Laav's mouth. "Quiet," he whispered. Laav caught a glimpse of his other hand that was gripped waist. It was bandaged.

              Whilst they slinked in the shadows, darkness crushed in on them and Sirius towered over her. Their chests pressed against each other as they fought the urge to breathe. Then there came rhythmic clacking, light and slow; almost ghostly as if the maker of the noise was trying to be quieter, to sneak up on them perhaps. In the corner of his eyes, Sirius saw a hooded figure reaching out to them. He debated on apparating elsewhere. "Oi, Malfoy!" a familiar voice called out in a whisper. Laav's eyes widened. Malfoy? As in Lucius Malfoy? "On my way!" The senior wizard muttered before disappearing into the Restricted Section.

           Sirius heaved a sigh of relief, letting go of his hand on Laav's mouth. "Close-cut," "We need to report this," Laav whispered. "Are you out of your mind?" he disputed before continuing. "I'm apparating us out of here." "No. You are n-" Before she could complete her sentence, she was plunged into a suction of air. Seconds later, she landed face flat on a hard slab, her vision still slightly blurred but she could recognize her surroundings. He had apparated them to the astronomy tower. She looked up to see a hand being offered to her. Immediately, she grabbed his hand and slammed him on his back to the ground. Rolling over, she landed on one knee, hovering above him. Sirius winced in pain as she firmly pressed her hand on his chest as the other loosely dug its nails into his skin, careful not to cause any pain within the bandaged area. "I'm reporting this whether you like it or not," she badgered. Once she let go of him, Sirius coughed, his lungs breathing in the much-needed oxygen. Laav stared at him momentarily before getting up. "I don't think so, sweetheart." His voice was raspy, as he grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her back causing her to fall on top of him.

              Her hair fell in front of her face, brushing against his cheek lightly. She looked beautiful, the moonlight only adding to her essence. For a moment there, he forgot what they were quarreling about. "Let me go," she whispered, breaking him out of his thoughts. He grabbed her by the jaw and pulled her closer to his face. His jaw clenched and his teeth gritted before he spoke up. "There have been 7 deaths of students in the past month. I am not allowing you to be the next." He was right. Every student that had reported suspicious behavior had either gone missing or was found petrified with no counterspell. "I can take care of myself," she scowled, releasing herself from his grip. "You don't own me." She pushed herself up and dusted herself before turning on her heel and walking away. Sirius sat up on his elbows and yelled after her, quoting her words. "Right, I forgot. Nothing ever happened between us anyway." Laav pretended like she couldn't hear what he had said and stormed down the spiral staircase. His head fell back to the ground and he laid there for a few minutes. She hadn't even bothered to ask him about his palm.