𝟖: 𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖛𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖉𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓

"Alden, what's taking you so long?" Lily yelled impatiently from the fireplace. "I said I'm coming," Laav grunted, grabbing her leather jacket before bolting down the stairs. The Marauders had arranged to meet up this weekend at Three Broomsticks for drinks having only one agenda; which was solely James spilling the tea about his disastrous meeting with Vernon. She was only tagging along because she hadn't seen Peter in the longest time, ever since she left for Ilvermorny. The last time she met him, she was probably what? Twelve?

            "Do we really have to use Floo?" She heard James groan as she walked into the lounge. "Yes, it's safe," Mrs. Potter reasoned sternly. "Oh, don't the both of you look lovely!" the mother cooed, as soon as she set her sight on both her favorite girls. "Alright, off you go! You kids know what to do." "I hate this." James grabbed a fistful of the green powder, before yelling the desired destination, almost instantly disappearing into the neon flames.

            Upon reaching Three Broomsticks, Laav was embraced in a warm hug from the back. "Merlin! I haven't seen you in so long," a voice laughed in her ear. "Peter?" "I sure hope I am!" he bubbled, turning her around, his hands still on her shoulders. While Remus and James went on about their plan for the next prank, Sirius spotted Laav who was ruffling Peter's hair. They seemed a little too comfortable for his liking and for people who just met after years. "It's been years, oh my, you've grown to become a very handsome man," Laav complimented, eyeing the chap from top to bottom. "Why, thank you, m'lady," he dramatically bowed.

              "Come on, you two can catch up at the table," Lily nudged them towards the table in the corner. She looked over and saw James already seated at the end of the semi-circle. accompanied by a young boy who sat beside him, which she assumed was Remus. A familiar shadow loomed over both the boys, as the trio spoke in voices that she couldn't decipher. Following Lily, they made their way towards the table. "Laav, this is Remus," Peter introduced, as Remus stood and squeezed his way across the table. "Hi, it's a pleasure. I've heard a lot about you from James," he smiled sweetly, offering a hand. Gladly accepting the handshake, "Nice to meet you, Remus," she greeted.

"And that's Sirius- don't be shy. Turn around," Peter teased.

"Yes, we've met before," he smirked, turning around, a glass of fire whiskey in his hand.

***

            James had been observing Sirius throughout the night. He had glanced towards Laav more than the times he cussed, which is a lot, for the matter of fact. The young witch, on the other hand, was too busy catching up with Peter to even notice. "I'll be right back, just need a drag," Sirius excused himself from the conversation, leaving the table to the back of the inn. He needed some fresh air from all the time he was cramped into a space with someone whom he had clearly been avoiding. She wasn't supposed to be here. He wasn't mad about it but any time the both of them were in the room together, there would be tension and he couldn't risk his brother noticing. Taking a drag from his cigarette, he felt the heat when the smoke drew into his lungs— it's air moving past a fire, after all. The nicotine rush was a small high, light-headed pleasant hazy feeling. Like a sense of breathing and holding his breath at the same time which only reminded him of the way she made him feel when she was around.

"You alright, Padfoot?"

"Never better, Prongs," Sirius smiled.

            "How's Emily doing?" "She's fine," "And how's Laav?" Sirius felt his shoulders tense up at the question. "Wouldn't you know better?" he replied, trying to sound as casual as possible. "Cut the crap, yeah? I see the way you look at her," "I don't know what you're talking about," Sirius said absently, flicking the spent ashes before dropping the cigarette and stepping on it, crushing it beneath his sole. Turning around, he saw James leaned against the wall, arms folded over his chest. "I don't care who you sleep with, but don't drag Laav into this." His voice hardened as he spoke, taking note of every small step Sirius took. "Why do you care so much about her? Don't you have Lily, Prongs?" teased Sirius, towering above his friend. James was trying his best not to lash out for Laav's sake. "I love you like a brother but stay away from Laav," he warned, before making his way to the doors. "Why? You think I'm not good enough for her?" Sirius called out after him.