𝟓: 𝖆𝖉𝖉𝖎𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓

You could tell by the tone of his voice that he was impressed she found this room. Nobody knew about it, except their immediate family. It was both the brothers' hideout. Every time they fought when they were young, their mother would send the both of them in here and lock them until their issues were resolved. It worked only because both of them would agree on using Alohamora to get out. That was until it became more of a place they would run away to every time their parents argued- which was very often. However, the Black brothers would still try to spend time with each other in this room whenever they could. They would read, cast spells, accidentally brea-

            "I was looking for the restroom." His trip down memory lane was disturbed by a deep, alluring voice. Casting a silencing spell on the room under his breath, he laughed. His laugh was the most beautiful thing. It echoed around the room, filling her heart with warmth. Even as he mocked her, his laughter was full of life that would allure one in. It meshed well with his messy, laid-back appearance, and made him seem that much more approachable. That probably explained how he got ladies swooning for him. "Come on now. We both know you're lying." He relaxed into the seat, taking a drag out of his cigarette. Quietly closing the door behind her, she analyzed the room.

             If one walked into the room, they would see nothing out of the ordinary. Just a cozy little room with two seats that were positioned in front of the fireplace. In front of her laid an oval rug with swirly patterns and on top of that lies a round table with a few books on it. The floor was an old-fashioned parquet with a blend of deep homely browns and the walls were the browns of autumn gardens. Classic victorian vases filled with flowers that matched the color theme of the room decorated the tables and the top of the fireplace. Whoever designed and decorated this room clearly had an exquisite taste; similar to hers. Her eyes wandered around the room once more before settling her sights on him.

            As much as she didn't want to admit it, deep down she was a tiny bit disappointed to see him here with someone else. I'm no different though, she thought to herself. Plus, she's here with his brother and even though they just met and she was only his date, she wouldn't want to disrespect him. Reminding herself that this was a bad idea, she decided to leave. "Quit smoking. It's injurious to health," she advised, before turning around to walk out. "It's addictive," he argued. Well, I suppose now we know the nicotine is doing its job was the first thing that came to her mind but she chose to approach the subject in a more polite manner. "Replace it with another addiction then." She hesitated for a while before advancing towards him, the wand in her hand twirling between her fingers. She would've hit him with some scientific facts but number one; they were living in a world of magic and number two; he was probably too hard-headed to listen. Replacing a habit with another was a method her mother once taught her when she used to bite her nails during her younger years.

            His eyes followed her. He was curious to hear more about what she was going to say. "Just not a bad one," she talked down. Fixing his cold gaze on her, he studied her. She stood with her arms crossed, back leaning against the table, facing him. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Laav questioned, playing around with her wand a little more before placing it on the table behind her. "Help me with my addiction then." A smug smile had found its way through his lips as he referred to her previous statement, momentarily catching her off guard. She had an amused look on her face before she let out a, "Huh?" He loved being in control. Yet, if he was being honest, the way she had a certain grasp towards him, turned him on in a way no other girl could but she didn't have to know that.

            "I'm sorry. What?" she added, trying to get him to confirm the statement he had just made. She thought she had not heard him quite well, but when she looked at him, his smirk did not waver. He was serious. She wasn't sure if he meant what she thought he meant. Well, two can play that game, she thought to herself. Gaining her composure, she walked towards him. She hovered over him, pinning both his hands on the seat's armrest. Noticing the change in his expressions, she felt a sense of power and took the opportunity to lean closer to him. At this point, he was trying so hard not to touch her. Maybe trace her arms a little and let his fingers linger there for a while just like they did the other night but he knew that would be wrong in so many ways. His mother had taught him; no matter what, consent was consent and he respected that.

            She leaned forward, her face inches away from his face. "You don't want to test me," she whispered. Merlin, did she look beautiful. Her eyebrows were arched, her lipstick only enhancing the plumpness of her lips. She was purposely doing this and he knew it but he didn't mind it at all. For a split second, he thought he saw her eyes linger on his lips but they quickly traveled back to his eyes. "Challenge accepted then, love?" His breathing had become shallow causing his voice to come off as deeper and raspier than usual. Chuckling, she let go of his hands and broke off the eye contact. "I don't accept challenges," Laav said, making her way to the seat opposite to him. Frowning, he waited for her to complete her sentence. He knew there was more to it. 

"I am the challenge, Black." Her gaze fixed on him as she crossed her right leg over her left.

            Stunned at her confidence, he raised his eyebrows. Stubbing his cigarette on the ashtray to his right, he let out a laugh. "Well, good for you, then. I love a good challenge." Sirius adjusted his cufflinks before getting up from his seat and walking towards her. He could feel her gaze, observing every step he took. Stopping in front of her, he gazed down and reached to trace the outline of her jaw. Turning her head, he lifted her chin and to look up at him.

"The name's Sirius Orion Black."