𝟔: 𝖍𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖘 𝖘𝖔 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉

"I didn't ask for your name, Sirius," she smiled, gently pushing his hand away from her face. "Yet, you're saying it." He eyed her as she got up from the seat. He knew he had much better things to do than to read the thin line between interest and connection. This was not the reaction he had expected. He thought maybe she would be more impressed but she was not fazed one bit. His eyes looked down on her, searching for a sign that she probably cared a little but they twinkled back at him, not even giving him the slightest hint. "It's a nice name," she said. "But not nice enough-"

            He hesitantly grabbed her hand with her palm perpendicular to his and wrapped his fingers around the back of her hand, interlocking their fingers. Looking back at her eyes, he noticed that they've softened and her breathing was shallow. Her heart began racing as soon as he started to hold her hand, rubbing his thumb in a circular motion on the back of it. How can something so wrong feel so right? She could not figure out the emotions she was feeling. Her whole body was aching but it hurts so good, it drove her up the wall.

            Before she could withdraw her thoughts from their rationality, he stepped closer. Sirius was filled with deep desire and awe as he realized how her presence overruled him. He felt the rush of helplessness & adrenaline sinking in as he hesitantly reached for her cheek. She was so close to him, he felt almost electric and sane at the same time. Gently caressing her cheek, he admired the feeling of the softness and texture of her skin. Breathing deeply, he didn't dare to let himself realize that this; sweetness and burning fire in him; is the beginning of something so vulnerable. She drew him close towards her with her deep eyes that constantly gazed at his lips, making him incline his face towards her. For only a fraction of a second, his mouth brushed her lips.

            Regulus, her mind echoed, reminding her of the gentleman that waited for her on the other side. And even though they weren't dating, it wasn't right for her to cross this boundary. She quickly placed her hand on his chest and took a step back. She felt his heartbeat race underneath the touch of her palms. "Uh, I should probably go," her voice laced with confusion. "Regulus is probably looking for me," she mumbled incoherently, before quickly grabbing her things and leaving the room. His eyebrows furrowed at the loss of contact. The tension between the two was broken. Letting out a breath that he held; he ran his hand through his hair in a frustrated manner. "She's got me looking like a fool," he muttered under his breath before walking out. And I love it.

            Emily made her way over to Sirius, cigarette in hand. "Where have you been?" she inquired. "Smoking," he bluntly replied. It wasn't a lie but it wasn't the whole truth either. "Fair enough," she shrugged as she took a drag from her cigarette before handing it over to him to finish it off. Sirius watched as Emily walked away, oblivious to her surroundings, leaving him alone with his thoughts. He turned to his right to see the happy couple chattering away. He could see that his brother liked Laav very much, it was evident in his body language. Not wanting to upset his brother, he pushed his thoughts aside. He should be a better role model. Maybe then he'd feel a little more of his mother's love.

Whatever I'm feeling is just lust, it'll pass soon, he convinced himself before making his way over to the pair.

             "May I have this dance?" Sirius asked, holding out his hand. He had surprised himself. A minute ago, it was lust and now he was reaching out for a dance? Something he never liked to do. Startled, she frowned at him. He had a devious smirk on his face, almost like it was his plan all along. How was he acting like nothing ever happened between them? She looked around, noticing all eyes were on them. In the corner of her eye, she could see James giving Sirius a tight smile. She knew that look. Whenever James was displeased or felt uncomfortable with something, his face tended to contort in a certain manner. Sirius stood there, hand still out. This was a mistake. "Go ahead, chère," Regulus encouraged, softly nudging her. Not wanting to create a scene, she reluctantly agreed.

             The music began, and she grabbed his hand firmly as they began to slow dance. Spinning in circles and shuffling their feet to the slow, rhythmic music. Not too long later, she noticed his nails were painted in the same shade as hers, mahogany red. "Where did you find nail polish?" she wondered. "Lily," "No, that's mine," she corrected. She was sure it was hers because she had painted Lily's nails the night before with a newly bought nail polish. "Now I have you wrapped around my finger," he joked. In reality, he knew it was the other way round. "Didn't your parents question this behavior?" She wasn't judging him but she assumed that being pure-blood, his parents were conservative. "They did, but I couldn't care less," he sourly dismissed the topic, twirling her another time. 

          "Are you enjoying this?" he teased. "No, I'm not but thank you for asking." At this point, she was just convincing herself that she wasn't fond of him. "Well, too bad, you're stuck with me for the next 3 minutes," "3 minutes with you, feels like 3 years," she said through her teeth, plastering a fake smile. He smirked at her slightly and pulled her body closer against his, his lips brushing over her earlobe. "I wouldn't mind tolerating you for 3 years, sweetheart," he whispered, sending sweet shudders down her spine as they danced together, bodies close; his hand still grasping hers.

             The way she swayed gracefully with the music, her movements following every rhythm, clearly portrayed the training she's had. "Do you like my brother?" he asked, breaking the silence between them. She looked at him and then over to Regulus who already had his eyes on her, with a lopsided grin on his face. Regulus made her feel appreciated, and within a while of knowing him, he'd shown that he cared for her. He was too good to be true. She did like him, and she knew he probably felt the same way too. She was ready for commitment, she's had her fun and now she wanted something real to experience. It was only games with Sirius. The both of them had made it clear they didn't want to know more about each other. With Regulus, she knew she could expect something more and she definitely would want to see him again. Making up her mind, she turned back to Sirius, ready with an answer. "Yes, I do." 

            There were too many thoughts running through her mind and it was getting a little hard for her to keep up with the dance. She waited for him to say something sarcastic or flirtatious as she thought he would, but he didn't. Instead, he remained silent throughout the entire dance. After what felt like an eternity, the music finally ended. Sirius took a step back and bowed before placing a kiss on Laav's hand, guiding her back to his brother. Regulus took her hand in his, warmly inviting her presence. 

"She's all yours." Sirius gave his brother a tight smile before walking away.