Chapter 3. Unwelcomed Company.

Jack's POV.
I looked at Rapunzel from head to toe. She didn't look harmful. She had a look of hope in her eyes. Her soft pink lips parted as she began to speak.
"How are you feeling?" She asked with concern. I glanced at her curiously, not knowing what she was talking about but suddenly a pang of sharp pain shot through my head. I held my hand to my head waiting for the pain to pass.
"Sore." I replied quietly.
"Sorry.." Rapunzel winced. "I kinda hit you with my frying pan." She smiled sheepishly.
"Oh right." I replied simply. She crouched back down and patted the ground next to her motioning for me to sit with her. Reluctantly, I shuffled over and awkwardly sat beside her. We were both silent for a while as we gazed at the stars in front of the fire.
"What do you think about all this?" She asked suddenly. Rapunzel gestured to our surroundings. "And you know...the things.." She trailed off quietly. I shrugged my shoulders. Did I really have an opinion on this?
"We are alive." I said simply.
"Huh..." She mumbled.
"But we are aliens to our own world now." I finished.
"That's some deep shit." She chuckled.
"Yeah..." I sighed, "I've had a lot of time to think about deep shit." I chuckled.
Rapunzel stretched back and yawned.
"You should get some sleep." I said to her concerned.
"Nah, it's my first watch, you can go sleep though." She smiled. I nodded and slowly stood up.
"Goodnight blondie." I winked as I left her.
~Rapunzel's POV~
I chuckled silently to myself as I watched Jack walk off. I shifted back to look at the fire and I listened out for any danger.
A couple of hours had passed and it was almost time for Hiccup's watch. I stood up quietly and tiptoed over to him ready to wake him up. My ears pricked up suddenly, like a dog listening out for harm. A loud shuffling noise was rapidly approaching! Quickly, I grabbed my pan and held it up ready to attack.
"Hiccup! Jack! We got company!" I yelled at them. Their eyes darted open and they rushed over to our weapons ready to fight. From out of the darkness like an evil spirit, a walker stumbled closer and closer. It knew we were here. it could sense us. All of a sudden two more appeared from behind us. Hiccup, Jack and I went back to back in defence.
"Ready?" I mumbled to Hic. He nodded slightly before leaping forward and smashing a baseball bat into the walker's head. The sound of gun shot rang through my ears as Jack released the trigger and a bullet was planted into the first walker. I lunged forward and smashed my frying pan into the centre of the final walker's head. If fell to the floor limp. The three of us stood there breathing heavily.
"Well done." Jack sighed. I managed to smile slightly before I spoke.
"We should leave. We don't know how many more are close by." I suggested.
"And I don't wanna find out." Hiccup exclaimed sarcastically.