𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

After the match Aurelia was guided inside by Scott and Isaac, who managed to get her sat down and get some time away from the growing crowd outside. Not that it lasted long, as the rest of the lacrosse team migrated inside and filled the locker rooms to the maximum. Nobody obliged to Lia being in the room as nobody was stripping beyond their shirts anyway, plus Scott and Isaac had already thought of that and were stationed in the back corner. Not long after sitting in the room, Sheriff Stilinski walked in. No skip present in his step whilst be weaved between the players and made his way towards his son's friends. "I got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson." Noah sighed, reading his jobs from the notepad he held tightly in his hands. "I've got an APB out on Stiles and a floor search team going — but nothing yet. His jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means— the hell, I don't know what that means. Um— look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if any of you see him—"

"We'll call you." Isaac nodded, stood to the side of Aurelia — who was slowly becoming more terrified and rattled by the passing second.

Scott could sense the tension falling from his best friends father, so with a small smile, he crossed his arms. "Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him." He assured, the Sheriff sending him a grateful nod.

"Yeah. I'll see you, okay?" Both boys nodded, whereas Lia kept her eyes trained on the ground. Not even wanting to look up at the Sheriff — knowing the pain would only increase upon seeing the hurt in his eyes.

Having only a moment to themselves did them some good, the constant interruptions gave them distractions. It didn't give them time to think about Jackson's death and Stiles disappearing. It didn't let them think about how multiple people were put in harm's way and the heartbreak Lydia and Jackson's family would now be put through. So the distractions were good for the time being, not healthy, but good. "McCall," Coach called, needing to talk to him about lacrosse but not knowing how to approach it. "We need you on the team, okay? You know I can't put you on the field next season if you don't get your grades up." He spoke, not raising his voice too loud like normal, but keeping it respectfully low.

Scott nodded slowly, sending a side glance to Aurelia to check on her. "Yeah, I know, Coach."

Coach looked down at his favourite player's best friend, knowing this was about Stiles. He wasn't blind, he would see the way they would act in the halls. And if Coach was honest, he was secretly rooting for them. Stiles might focus more if his mind wasn't wandering to the lingering question of 'does she like me back' like it always did. "All right. I mean, I— I know I yell a lot, but it's not like I hate you guys." He laughed, making sure that the boys still knew he hated Greenberg before continuing. "I'm just saying we— I need you on the team. Get your grades back up."

"I will."

"I know." Coach smiled, but before moving away crouching down to Aurelia's level. "You okay, kid?" He asked, making Aurelia crack a grin. "They'll find him. That boy can talk his way out of hell, he will be fine." Standing up straight, he turned his back and made for the exit. The words 'he will be fine' ringing in her ears.

"Is that everyone?" Scott asked, once the noise died down and people had left to go home. Checking behind the last row of lockers, Isaac returned to the pair.

"I think so." His head snapped to the side as Scott tore off the front to Stiles' locker. "You're gonna find him by scent?" Scott nodded, handing the Lahey boy a shoe and Aurelia a shirt.

"We all are," Scott spoke, taking the shirt off Lia as she handed it back. Not needing one as she was wearing one of his flannels anyway. Stripping it off, she inhaled his strong scent and smiled — not that she needed to, it was ingrained in her memory.