𝘴𝘪𝘹

Pulling against the handle the teens held the doors together with their hands, having nothing else to keep the beast at bay. "Lock it, lock it!" Scott screamed at no-one in particular as they looked around.

"Do I look like I have a key?" Stiles retorted his eyes scanning the empty hallway in panic.

"Grab something!"

"What?"

"Anything!" Aurelia then remembered the wire cutters left on the floor outside, standing up and looking through the window — she knew what she had to do.

"No." Stiles and Scott shouted in-sync, the realisation of what she was wanting to do beginning to set in.

"Yes."

"Lia, no, don't," Stiles shouted in a hushed tone, but due to their surprise at what she was insinuating — their grip on the doors faltered long enough for her to pry open a gap and slip through. The Alpha crept out from behind the Jeep as Aurelia edged down the stairs placing herself next to the wire cutters. Aurelia had a strange feeling about the wolf, she knew it wouldn't hurt her. Or at least, it wouldn't kill her. Leaning down slowly she grabbed the cutters, remaining eye contact at all times. It was like he was sussing her out. Her emerald green eyes scaring the Alpha as he dared to approach her, a feeling of unease settling in it's gut. Backing up the stairs, the werewolf inched forward slowly, seeming peaceful compared to the violence it had shown moments before. As Aurelia hadn't been paying attention to her footing, she missed the step causing her to break the eye contact momentarily. Swiftly turning on her heel, she bolted to the boys, the sound of four paws chasing her until she slid in the door — only breathing again when she heard the slam and the sound of the wire cutters being used to barricade it. "Are you okay? What the hell did you do that for?" The buzz-cut boy yelled, running over to her, checking she was okay.

"Where is it? Where did it go? That won't hold, will it?" Scott rambled, his head flicking side to side as he looked through the windows on the doors.

"Probably not." Hearing the howling of the Alpha the three ran into the closest classroom slamming the door behind them and frantically skidding around the room, desperate for their feet to take them far away from the door. "The door's not gonna keep it out." Aurelia panted heavily looking between the two boys, what else could they do? "It's your boss."

"What?"

"Deaton, the Alpha? Your boss." Stiles pointed, making Aurelia scoff. Was that really their main issue?

"No."

"Yes, murdering psycho werewolf."

"That can't be." Scott continued to deny, not wanting to admit that his friendly, employer was the one attacking and killing people.

"Oh come on. He disappears, and that thing shows up ten seconds later to toss Derek twenty feet through the air? That's not convenient timing?" Stiles asked, Aurelia nodded at his points but completely understood where Scott was coming from. Of course, he didn't want to admit it.

"It's not him—"

"—He killed Derek." Stiles snapped, Lia dropped her head at the mention of Derek. All he wanted to do was help Scott and it had gotten him killed.

"No, Derek's not dead. He can't be dead."

"Blood spurted out of his mouth, okay? That doesn't exactly qualify as a minor injury. He's dead, and we're next." Aurelia agreed, she wasn't one to disguise the truth and given what the trio had just witnessed. It seemed pretty clear that the Hale was not breathing.