𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺

Sitting in the Sheriff's office, Stiles unpacked the food the three of them were going to be eating. Aurelia sat across from Noah with Stiles to the side of her, but her attention was directed elsewhere. On the back wall, behind the cop, was a range of suspects for the multiple murders happening in the town. Blood red string lined the walls, reaching from picture to picture, connecting things that might not even have a connection. The bottom left of the board held photos of her father's death, the crime scene of where he died, as well as a map showing the location and a range of blood prints to help the blood splatter analysis team decipher the cause of death. To the left, was a couple, one man and one pregnant woman. The pair had died the night before, out in their caravan in the woods. The man died there, and the woman died shortly after giving birth to their child — who luckily survived the horror. Above that was the crime scene analysis of the mechanic's death, the one of which Stiles was unfortunate enough to have witnessed. A blurred picture sat pinned to the corkboard, paired with blood pattern analysis — which had already arrived back from the lab — and a photo of the vehicle lift that crushed him. "Oh, what the hell is this?" Sheriff Stilinski asked, taking a bite out of his burger, bringing Aurelia back to the present. "Stiles, I asked for a hamburger.

"Well, veggie is healthier. We're being healthy." Stiles smiled, pulling the rest of the food out. Handing Lia what she ordered, he then began to put the drinks out.

Flipping the cover, of what he presumed to be his fries, he groaned. "Oh, hell, why are you trying to ruin my life?" He groaned staring down at the assortment of vegetable sticks.

"I'm trying to extend your life, okay?" Stiles retorted, pushing his straw into his drink and taking a sip. "Could you just eat it, please? And tell us what you found."

Noah practically choked. "No, I'm not sharing confidential police work with two teenagers." He laughed, looking at the pair with raised eyebrows.

"Two teenagers of which have helped you solve what was it?" Aurelia sassed, turning to Stiles expectantly. "Three crimes?"

"Four." Stiles corrected, before smiling at his father who took another bite of his sandwich. "Is that it on the board behind you?" Stiles nodded cockily, sipping his drink and nodding to the board.

"Don't look at that." Sheriff Stilinski ordered, but when neither teens looked away he tried to block the board with his body. "Hey! Avert your eyes."

Slipping around the edge of the table, Aurelia ran up to the board to get a closer look as Noah blocked Stiles. "Just— it's just— I see arrows pointing at pictures." With his father holding him back, Aurelia looked around the board. Committing things to memory, so she could relay all the information back to the younger Stilinski.

"Okay, okay, stop. Fine." He caved, throwing his hands up and moving towards the board where the girl was stood. Playfully pushing her to the side, he stood front and centre. "I found something. Mechanic and the couple who were murdered. They all had something in common. You know what I always say. One's an incident. Two's coincidence—"

"Three's a pattern." Both teens said at once, hanging onto every last word.

"The mechanic, the husband, the wife — all the same age. All 24."

"Wait, what about Mr Lahey? I mean, your dad wasn't anywhere near 24." Stiles said, looking to Lia who was nodding along.

"Which made me think that either 'A', Lahey's murder wasn't connected or 'B', the ages were a coincidence, until I found this, which would be 'C'." Looking to Aurelia, by the heartbroken look covering her face — he knew that she had already figured it out.