Rabbit stew

"All right, how far away is the nearest town? How long will it take us to get there?" Said Jack in a hopeful leaderlike voice. "We can't leave," says Emilia. "Look this place is no longer safe, whatever is worth staying for should be left behind." Replied Jack. "No, we actually can't leave. There is a spiritual barrier that prevents us from leaving. Unless you want to abandon your body here and let your soul wander off." Emilia explained. "How do we get rid of this barrier?" Jack asked. "I have to pass three trials." "Trials, what are these trials? Can I help you with them?" "No, you can't help me. Other than helping me stay alive while I complete them '''' What do you do during these trials?" "I go to the temple where you met me. I have a bunch of repressed memories I have to relive and accept" "So does that mean?.... That whole day you were..." "Yes, going through trials." Emilia said. Jack started to realize the extent of how mentally damaged Emilia was. "Let's get breakfast-" "What's that on your leg?" Emilia interrupted him. "Oh, a rabbit bit me, " Jack answered. Emilia held up her hand and an orb appeared at the palm of her hand. The missing flesh was slowly replaced, the skin grew back covering the bite mark. "Why didn't you tell me?!?" Emilia scolded. "Well, I didn't know you could do that?" Jack spent half a second sitting in awe "Ok. Breakfast." He grabbed the kabob sword and pulled off each of the rabbit carcasses, setting them next to the kitchen counter. Jack found a wooden cutting board and a big cauldron. He grabbed the kitchen knife and separated the head, feet and pelt from each rabbit. Then he gutted and deboned, diced then tossed them in the cauldron. Jack picked up the pot and went outside and started putting snow in it. "Can I help?" Emilia asked, feeling guilty Jack was doing all this for her. "Yea can you grab some vegetables?" Emilia ran over to another house's garden and she kept looking back to make sure Jack didn't leave. She came back with three carrots and two tomatoes. Jack peeled the carrots with a knife then diced them with the tomatoes adding them to the cauldron. He ran over this time with Emilia and they grabbed more tomatoes, carrots but also onions, potatoes, and other vegetables. Also, some of the fat from the rabbits and certain organs were thrown in to add to the broth. After the cauldron was put on the fire, they had a delicious rabbit stew. Jack sat for a second staring at the lovely stew in the wooden bowl. What made it so satisfying to stare at is the fact that Jack had created it himself, normally he didn't cook. He looked up to see Emilia shoveling spoonfuls of stew into her mouth. Jack laughed at this ironic scene of these supposedly polite women of royalty chowing down on food so sloppily. But he felt a rumble from his stomach and quickly ended up doing the same. He fished out two spoonfuls of vegetables and meat and wolfed them down, then picked the bowl up taking a long sip of the stew while some of it came down his chin. They both finished their bowls. Emilia picked up a napkin and reached across the table to clean the stew off of Jack's face despite having more on her face. This amused Jack but a look of embarrassment came across Emilia's face as she wiped her own face.