Ymir Speaks

Disclaimer: I do not own Attack on Titan or this story.

Previously: Ymir tells the group she has something to say to them.

|~|

"There's something I have to say..."

"What is it?" Connie asked curiously.

Ymir crossed her arms. "I thought a lot about this and I came to a decision. I'm coming clean."

"What're you talking about?" Confusion laced Eren's voice.

Christa looked concerned. "Ymir, what's going on?"

She exhaled. "Okay, here goes: I'm a Titan-Shifter."

They gaped at her.

"You what?"

"Is this a joke?"

"Are you serious?"

Ymir pulled up the sleeve of her jacket and dug the butter knife across her arm. Actions speak louder than words.

The words died on their lips at her action as steam rose from the wound and the flesh knitted together before their very eyes. Seconds later her arm was healed, completely unmarked. Their eyes were still glued to her clear skin, brains short-circuiting.

Erwin was the first to react. "Speak."

"You know by now that we're not the last humans. There are other civilizations still out there. I came to the Walls five years from one of those civilizations. Well, human me. Titan me wandered outside the Walls for sixty years before that." The faster ones—Armin, Hange, and Erwin—had already made the connection. At her next words, the rest of the group joined in, blood draining from their faces as their expressions twisted into that of horror and denial. "That's right...Titans are humans."

Protests and accusations erupted immediately.

"That's bullshit!"

"Is this some sick joke? Cause it sure I sure as hell ain't laughing."

"What's wrong with you?"

"Ymir, what is this?"

"How can you say that?"

"It's the truth," Ymir talked over them. Her eyes settled on Hange. She was taking it the hardest.

"But that means..." Hange's stomach churned. Her skin had taken a green tint. She felt sick to her stomach.

"Explain," Levi demanded. "Everyone else, shut your damn mouths and keep them shut."

"I'll start from the beginning. Watching the episodes triggered my memories. Before, I only knew bits and pieces. I'm from a country called Marley. It's where the all the Shifters are from. And Eren's father I suspect."

Eren nailed her with a fierce look. A muscle in his jaw twitched but he kept quiet, adhering to Levi's order.

Standing before them all was awkward. But if she'd stayed seated they would have gathered around her and stared down at her. That would have kicked Ymir even further out of her comfort zone so she kept going. "I was a poor, starving, nameless orphan. Until one day, a man found me and gave me the name Ymir Fritz."