Eyes Yet to Be Seen

Disclaimer: I do not own Attack on Titan or this story.

Previously: The group watches humanity's first victory and teases Eren. The recruits ponder over Marco's death and Eren wonders about Candy's comment regarding the Smiling Titan.

|~|

The brick and marble building was beautiful. Two statues of women with wings sat on two columns, one with scales in hand and the other with a sword.

"Sina," Sasha said longingly. It was only one building but it was very impressive to her. She had given up a pretty easy life for death and tragedy, but she still stood by her decision to join the Survey Corps.

A small untouched loaf of bread lay on a cup by the bars.

Eren opened his eyes slowly, blinking to clear the fuzziness. Chains jingled and he turned his head, raising his left hand.

Elsewhere, the topic of the Rogue Titan was being discussed by the citizens. "Hey, is it true? Is there really a Titan on our side?" A masculine voice spoke.

Around him, bodies worked around in the small room. His companion pulled a large sheet of paper with writing out of the printing press.

"Wow, that's where they make newspapers, huh?" Christa said.

"It's obviously just a rumor."

"So that's what the journalists thought. And they printed their beliefs, mass produced it, and spread it around," Armin thought out loud.

"Newspapers hold a lot of power," Erwin nodded. "Whatever the journalists write, people will read and it will shape public opinion."

"The recapture could've failed, so we might see a horde of people from Wall Rose any minute now."

|~|

[Wall Sina]

In the heart of the city, men and women read the newspaper, frowning and discussing what they were reading.

"Now the sheep in the crowd will believe whatever they read without question," Ymir said.

"Say…what if that Titan sides with the people within Wall Rose to come attack us together?"

"What a tempting thought," Eren smirked.

"So if a reporter doesn't like you, you'll get slandered," Jean said.

"They're not supposed to insert their own bias but it's highly probable," Petra shrugged.

"It's Sina," Levi said, "the government has a lot of influence on what gets printed and what doesn't."

|~|

[Wall Rose]

"This is amazing news! We have a Titan on our side now!"

"We might even be able to recapture Wall Maria!"

A large crowd had gathered in one spot to see the newspaper posted on the wall.