Mercy

Disclaimer: I do not own Attack on Titan or this story.

Previously: The Female Titan's identity is revealed. They believe she had something to do with Marco's death. Levi observes Ymir. Hange vows revenge and Eren almost has a revelation.

|~|

"Armin, I'm glad I could be a good person for you. You've won your bet." Annie said with a mad look on her face. "But this is where my gamble begins!" She brought her hand up to her mouth.

Armin instantly shot off the flare gun. Scouts surged from their hiding places, surrounding her. Annie nicked her finger with the blade in her ring and lightning burst out.

Eren stopped running, glancing back to see the Female Titan's body forming, eyes wide and mouth open in shock.

Erwin's voice narrated. "We've identified the person likely to be the Female Titan." The Female Titan opened an eye, staring down at Eren. "Her name is…"

"Annie!" Eren said.

She was absorbed into the nape and the Female Titan stood tall.

Eren quickly turned and ran as rocks fell.

|~|

[A Few Days Earlier]

The former Survey Corps HQ appeared.

"They're late." A small candle lit the almost empty mess hall. "Erwin and his damn folk are making me wait. Our Military Police escorts are gonna arrive first." Levi took a sip of his tea. "Maybe he's constipated again."

"There's that shitty sense of humor again."

"Connie, just don't," Mikasa sighed.

"I'm just trying to lighten the mood. Everyone's been feeling really crappy because of the last few episodes."

"Really, dude? Puns?" Jean rolled his eyes.

"You're just annoyed because I'm the funniest one of the batch and you'll always be number two."

Several people groaned.

"We've been here for hours and watching TV. I guess I can't expect you guys to fully appreciate my sense of humor when you're so pooped."

That brought another round of groans.

"Alright, alright," Connie held up his hands, "I'll stop. From the looks on your faces, I can tell you're dung with me."

That earned him more dirty looks but the veterans seemed mildly amused.

"Sorry. Had to get one last one in. Continue, sir," he told the commander.

"You're quite talkative today, Captain," Eren commented, sitting at the far end of the table.

"Cut me some slack. Talkativeness is in my personality."

The recruits chuckled.

They were silent.