Primitive Desire

Disclaimer: I do not own Attack on Titan or this Story.

Previously: Erwin worries about the 57th expedition. The group is excited and awed to see some of the wonders of the outside world on TV. They make plans to have fun when they see the ocean.

|~|

"Damn," Jean breathed heavily. "How can I afford to be dead weight?" He looked out the window, seeing the ugly Titan coming down the street, eyes then going to the dead soldier's gear. "Will this really work out somehow?"

Elsewhere, Rico skidded back on a roof, in a crouch. One of her subordinates landed next to her. "We can't go on, Squad Leader!" The young woman said. Before them, a Titan with a big nose was chewing on one of their comrades. "We're the only ones left now!"

Rico gritted her teeth and yelled at her, "Let's fall back to the rock for now!"

"We're almost there," Armin grinned, filling everyone up with anticipation.

Ian and Mikasa joined the other Garrisons near the hole in the Wall. Several Titans were walking through it. "Situation report!"

"Five Titans coming from the gate!"

Jean dashed out of the house and toward the crushed soldier. "As if I'm gonna wait until the Titans are gone!"

"Why not?" Eren snorted. "My plan was better."

"To be fair, it's not like you would've waited for the Titan to leave before charging out there," Petra pointed out, making the boy pout at her while the others chuckled and agreed.

"Jean!" Connie screamed from the Wall. "So it really was his gear," he watched the teen fiddle with the gear on the ground, Annie silent next to him.

"What's going on?" Marco approached them.

"Damn it, what the hell?" Jean struggled with the belt.

"Maybe try unclipping the belt next time," Ymir said helpfully.

"It was stuck!"

"You're kidding me!" Jean screamed, continuing to struggle. A shadow fell on him as the Titan was almost upon him.

"Jean, stay calm!" Marco flew in front of the Titan.

"Marco! What are you doing?!"

He landed on the ground and took off. The Titan glared at Marco and followed. Jean turned back to the gear and finally pulled it off the body. Connie flew toward him. "Man, don't go causin' trouble for us!" He landed on the roof, Annie running almost parallel to him.

A few buildings toward their left, Jean took to the sky. He grunted as a Titan grabbed one of the wires. Deploying the gas, Jean landed awkwardly on the ground. "Why is the trigger so stiff?" He lay, eyeing the handle in his hand. Footsteps sounded behind him. The Titan approached him.

"Jean!" Connie jumped off the building, heading for the ugly giant. "Ow!" He smacked into its face and flew away.

"What the hell was that?" Ymir laughed the loudest out of the entire group.