No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 1

Start from the beginning

"No, it's not wrong, you're human, Elena, you should be allowed to enjoy yourself, to relax and just have a normal life." He sighed. "You shouldn't have to deal with all this."

"Stefan, please don't..."

Suddenly, Stefan brought the car to a stop.

"Stay in the car, Elena," he ordered, his eyes scanning the area around the house.

"What? Why? Stefan, what's wrong?"

Stefan didn't answer, but he didn't need to, she'd now noticed the unfamiliar jeep parked across from them.

"Who do you think it is? I've never seen that car in town before." she said, and she too was now searching for the owner of the car.

"I don't know, but with Katherine back, we have to be extra careful about who we trust. Anyone could be working for her." He opened the car door. "Please stay here, I'm going to search the house and grounds."

Elena opened her door too. "No, I'm coming with you."

Stefan sighed. "Fine, but you have to promise to do as I say."

"Okay, I promise."

"I'm going to have a quick search around, you head to the house."

Stefan ran into the woods so fast, Elena didn't have to time to see him move.

Elena cautiously walked to the door, she knew she should be afraid with Katherine out to get her, but with everything that had happened since she had met the Salvatore brothers, she was getting used to the idea of people wanting to kill her.

Elena opened the front door and screamed.

Suddenly, Stefan was at her side. "What's wrong?" he asked urgently.

"It's a girl, I don't know her."

Stefan stepped inside holding Elena behind him.

"I can't believe you don't have a human living here, Stefan, I just walked straight in."

"Charlotte?" Stefan stammered. "You're a vampire?"

"Yep, it's me, the one and only," Charlotte smiled sarcastically.

"You know her, Stefan?" Elena asked.

"Yeah, I did over a hundred years ago." He faced Charlotte. "When did you turn?"

"What a question, I would have to say about 250 years ago."

"But that would mean..."

"Uh huh, I was a vampire the very first day you and Damon met me."

"So, the whole time..."

"Yep, that's pretty much what it means, Stef. And guess what, I was just as surprised when I found out you and Damon had turned."

"How did you find out, we were still human when you left Mystic Falls?" Stefan asked curiously.

"News travels fast, Stefan, and um, little miss bitch Katherine, she found my mom in the early 1900s, told her she'd turned you. What a bitch, she turned you and then left you. God, I hate that girl."

"Katherine? You know her?" Elena said weakly.

Charlotte smiled darkly and turned to face Elena. "Well, well, well, look at you, the rumours weren't rumours after all."

"Excuse me?" Elena said now face to face with Charlotte.

"You, Elena Gilbert, being Katherine Pierce's doppelganger. It's so scary; it's actually giving me the chills. Stefan, how can you stand to be with her, does she not remind you of that bitch every time you look at her?"