No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 28

The Finale of No Turning Back! :D I seriously think this is the longest chapter I've ever wrote in my life lol.

So so sorry it's taken me so long, I've had so much going on with my family.

But I hope you enjoy it!

Last chapter was the sacrifice, Jenna died and Klaus became a hybrid.

Elijah betrayed them leaving with Klaus.

Charlie told Klaus she'd go with him if he promised to leave her friends alone. Will he hold that to her?

Stefan found out about Damon's werewolf bite.

How will Charlie react when she finds out?

…"Have you told Charlotte?" Stefan added.

Damon shook his head. "No. And I want to keep it that way... at least for a little while longer... I will tell her."

Stefan stayed silent.

"Look, you want to do something for me?" Damon asked. "Keep this from Elena, last thing she needs is another grave to mourn over."

Damon then walked away, leaving his brother speechless…

Chapter 28

Damon headed back to the boarding house alone. He needed some time to think about what he was going to do. He took off his suit jacket throwing it onto the couch and headed upstairs.

He walked into his room to find Charlie sitting on the edge of his bed. She was still wearing her black dress from the funeral but she was barefoot and her hair now loose.

"What are you doing here?" Damon grumbled. He kept his back to her, heading straight over to the desk. He picked up the bottle of whiskey he'd left there earlier.

"I think there's something you need to tell me," she said, standing up from the bed.

"I thought you were going back to Elena's for tea and scones," he mocked as he poured himself a drink.

"I was until I overheard the end of your conversation with Stefan."

He slammed the glass down onto the table, turning to face her. "You heard nothing."

She shook her head unamused. "Don't do that, Damon. I'm 260 years old and I've been drinking human blood. I know what I heard. So don't lie to me. What do you want Stefan to keep from Elena and me?" she asked raising her voice.

"You know my brother, he's always been one to over exaggerate."

"Don't blame Stefan. You're the one who told him not to say anything."

"And I said that for a reason, Charlie. I don't want you to know," he scoffed.

"You said the last thing Elena needs is another grave to mourn over..."

"It meant nothing, Charlotte," he yelled.

"Of course it meant something... and look at you... you look terrible," she shouted.

"Thank you," he said with the barest glimmer of a smile. "You on the other hand look beautiful. Your anger suits you."

"You're unbelievable. Stop deflecting, Damon. There's obviously something wrong with you... vampires don't get ill... unless..."

Damon turned away from her.

"Oh, my God. It makes sense now. The other day in the woods... Tyler bit you, didn't he?" she demanded.