No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 19

Last Chapter Damon snapped and bit Charlie, what will happen next?

Charlie finds herself in a difficult situation and a new character is introduced.

Hope you like where the story is going :D

Chapter 19

Damon's face returned to normal, an expression of panic now covering it. What had he done? He stared down at Charlie's still body, blood dripping down her pale neck, the colour blending with her red hair. He instantly dropped to the ground and kneeled before her.

"Charlotte, I'm sorry, here," he said frantically. He bit his wrist and pushed it towards her mouth. "Drink my blood," he begged.

His blood trickled down her throat and half unconscious she automatically swallowed it. Slowly, her eyes began to flicker open; she could feel her body healing as his blood filled her veins. Her head and neck throbbed with searing pain, she groaned.

"Charlotte?" Damon asked, relief filling him at the sound of her voice.

She held her temples and fell sideways, trying to suppress the pain.

"Charlie, I'm sorry," he whispered.

Soon the pain eased and she slowly sat up, she leaned back against the wall. She pushed her hair back from her face and covered the side of her still bleeding neck with her hand. She stared down at the floor not wanting to look at him.

"No, you're not sorry, Damon. If you were you wouldn't have hurt me in the first place." She tried to stand but her legs collapsed beneath her. Damon caught her arm before she fell.

"Charlie..."

She pulled her arm from his grasp and moved away from him. "Don't touch me," she spat. Her eyes filled with tears.

"Look at me," he urged. "I didn't mean to hurt you, I'm sorry." He tried to touch her face but she pulled away from him.

"It doesn't mean anything does it," she stammered between her tears. She stood up, her legs still unsteady but she tried not to show it.

Damon stood up too and inched towards her.

"Don't come near me," she demanded. She held the side of the counter for support. She continued to look away from him. "You got your wish didn't you; I now have vampire blood in my system. So go ahead, kill me, and I'll wake up a vampire. That's exactly what you want isn't it."

He went to touch her face again but she flinched away. "I didn't mean for it to happen this way. I don't know why I did that," he said willing her to believe him.

"You're Damon; you retaliated in the only way you know how to. You hurt people. When you're upset it's what you do. You don't know how to relate to people and their feelings or your own feelings for that matter. It's been a long time since you allowed yourself to feel so intensely. When I told you the truth about my past, about how I'm feeling, it wasn't what you wanted to hear, you didn't know how to react to that... so you got angry."

"I know, okay, I'm a dick but I'm learning, Charlie," he whispered.

She turned away from him. Her eyes so full of tears she could barely see. "It doesn't matter just go, Damon."

He grabbed her arm spinning her around to face him. "Charlie, I'm a jerk..."

"Yes, you are." Charlie pulled her arm from his grip and tried to step around him but tired and drowsy, she couldn't do much when he grabbed her shoulders preventing her from moving.