No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 25

I'm so so sorry this has taken me so long but work has been super crazy over the last month with Christmas, I've barely had a spare moment.

But here it is and I hope you like it :D I've also started the next chapter and I have ideas for the sequel.

Last Chapter Elijah told Charlie she is literally immortal unless Klaus becomes a hybrid, only then can his bite kill her.

She still hasn't forgiven Damon, what will it take for her to do so?

Charlie also shared a drunken kiss with Jeremy. Does she like him more than she's letting herself admit?

…"And that's meant to make me feel better. I'm supposed to forgive you because you're Damon and doing something stupid is how you deal with your emotions?"

"Charlotte, I've loved you for 150 years, that means something to me and I hope it does to you. You don't have to forgive me yet, take all the time you need. But just know, I never meant to hurt you."

Charlotte didn't answer, she continued to stare at the wall. A few tears escaped from her eyes. After a few moments she felt Damon get off the bed and leave the room. When she was alone, she let the tears fall heavily…

Chapter 25

Charlie sat at the bar in The Grill with a beer in her hand and picking at some French fries. She had left the boarding house soon after Damon had. She didn't want to deal with Elijah right now. Jeremy was with Bonnie, Elena and Stefan were out somewhere, Alaric was with Jenna and that left her alone.

She took a big gulp of her beer. So much had changed in the last few months. Her mother was dead, killed by Katherine and Brice. Elijah, an original vampire was her real father, making her the most unique person in existence.

She'd fell in love with Damon again... then he'd hurt her. She now had feelings for Jeremy, a sixteen year old human. She was part of a 1000 year old curse, and if their plan to stop Klaus went wrong, it could end with her and all of her friends being dead...

She then heard a voice close beside her, stopping her thoughts. She then felt someone leaning on the bar next to her, his arm brushing hers slightly. "I screwed up." It was Damon.

"Yeah, yeah you did," Charlie replied with a sigh. She downed the end of her beer and turned to Damon, glaring at him. He had a scotch in his hand and his breath smelt strongly of alcohol, he had clearly had a lot to drink.

Alaric then crossed the room joining them.

"Hey, Charlie. Damon," Alaric smiled. "I'll have the same," he said to the barman, pointing to the drink in Damon's hand.

"Hey, Ric," she smiled. "I don't mean to be rude but I don't want to be here with him," she said nodding to Damon. Charlie got off the barstool. "Bye, Damon," she said lifelessly.

Charlie began to walk away but Damon grabbed her hand. "It doesn't have to be like this, Charlotte. I made a mistake, a stupid mistake which I regret and all I can do is say over and over how sorry I am."

She pulled away from him. "I understand that, I know you love me and how sorry you are but I'm not ready to forgive you," she breathed.

Someone suddenly interrupted them. "Hello, gentlemen. Miss Charlotta. Why so glum?" a voice asked from behind them. He was British, his tone both smooth and cruel.

Charlie froze, slowly turning towards the voice. In front of her she found an attractive man. His face seemed familiar... He had short blond hair, a malicious smile and a wild look in his blue eyes. There were only three men alive who used her original name Charlotta… Brice, Elijah, and...