No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 27

I'm so sorry this took me longer than I said it would but life likes to get in the way sometimes :p lol. I hope you enjoy this chapter and I promise the next chapter isn't far away :D

Last chapter Klaus took Jenna.

Elijah killed Brice.

He told Charlie he cared about her.

Charlie went to the sacrifice on her own.

Only one more chapter after this until No Turning Back is finished :D

Charlie looked around her realising everyone was inside. This was her chance to do something. Her chance to sneak away. Elijah had said that she couldn't be used in the sacrifice but she had to make sure. There had to be something Klaus wanted from her... and without thinking about it she ran away from the house and towards the quarry before anyone could stop her...

Chapter 27

Mystic Falls, Fall 1863

As summer ended and autumn began, Charlotte was missing Damon more and more. She hated the fact he was away at war but most of all she hated being at the Salvatore home without him.

Violette had been gone for weeks now. She'd left when Charlotte had chosen to stay with Damon. She hadn't heard from her since. So with her mother gone too, she felt more alone than ever.

She knew Giuseppe didn't like her much either. In his eyes she was a distraction from Damon's future plans. Or in other words, from the plans he wanted for Damon's future. She had nothing to offer but her beauty; she had no home, no money, no family name. Giuseppe wanted both of his boys to marry woman from respectable and high-class families and 100 years ago this would have been her.

This was exactly what her parents had wanted for her back in 1764 when they'd arranged for her to marry Jean-Paul. Thinking about Jean made her feel sick to her stomach; she would never forgive herself for killing him.

At least she had Stefan to talk to but even he'd been busy lately running errands for his father and meeting with respectable business men. Unlike Damon, Stefan had always tried to please Giuseppe.

But most of all, Charlotte worried that Katherine would return. She hadn't seen her since the summer dance but she knew that was just the beginning with Katherine. She could never forget her words, "I'll leave... for now. But I'd watch your back and your little human blood bags." And knowing Katherine, she would return when Charlotte least expected her to.

Charlotte spent most of her days in the Salvatore library or helping in the stables. Both were places that reminded her of her life back in France. A life at times that seemed like it never even existed.

It was a mild autumn morning; Charlotte wore a soft white dress with a peach ribbon around her tiny waist and a matching peach hat. Her red curls were pinned in a low bun at the base of her neck, with a few stray strands around her face.

She walked into the cool, dark stable. The steady breathing of the horses instantly relaxed her. She grabbed a brush and went over to her favourite horse. She began combing through her smooth, dark coat. She whinnied in appreciation.

Just then, the stable door creaked open, and one of the stable boys stepped in. He was tall and lanky with short hair and brown eyes.

"You're here again, Miss Charlotte. You know Mr Salvatore won't be too happy if he finds out."

"And you're telling me this because," she said not looking away from the horse.

He laughed at her remark. "You don't really care do you?"