No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 17

Last chapter Damon was acting cold towards Charlie…

Katherine told Charlie what was happening to her.

And I have now started to include parts of Season 2 of Vampire Diaries.

Hope you like where the story is going.

Chapter 17

Damon, Charlie, Jeremy and Bonnie pulled up outside Jonas and Lukas' apartment. Damon was the first to get out the car and they all followed him into the building.

"Okay, this cannot be the right place, Damon, it's an apartment block," Charlie said confused.

"This is just a little detour. There's something we need here first," he said, not looking at her.

They went up a few flights of stairs before stopping at a door.

"Where is here exactly?" Charlie asked.

"The home of Elijah's two dead witches. You know the ones Katherine said she helped murder. Bonnie thinks they have a spell book we need."

Damon opened the door and entered. "Yep. Everybody's dead here," he smirked.

The others followed him into the room.

Luka's burnt corpse was on the living room floor.

"Oh, my God, I can see that he's definitely dead," Charlie said disgusted.

Damon looked down at Luka's corpse and laughed. "You know we could always just get another match and cremate him."

Charlie made a tutting sound and slapped him. "Damon, don't."

"Don't be disrespectful. Not to him," Bonnie said lightly.

Charlie instantly deduced that Bonnie had once felt something for the boy.

Damon sighed. "Fine. I'll bury him."

"What exactly are we looking for?" Jeremy said speaking for the first time.

Charlie had almost forgotten he was here. Why was he here anyway? When did Jeremy and Bonnie become so close? Were they friends or something more? This made Charlie feel weird, she thought Jeremy liked her. Was it right for Charlie to feel slightly jealous if Jer and Bonnie were more than friends? What was she thinking, she didn't want Jeremy that way she loved Damon, she was just being stupid. She shook away those thoughts bringing herself back to the current situation.

"According to Jonas, one of these books contains the spell which will allow me to harness the energy that's left behind when a witch dies violently," Bonnie said.

"How do you know this?" Charlie asked Bonnie. It was weird talking and having to work with Bonnie like they knew one another. Charlie hadn't really spoken to her since she'd been in Mystic Falls and the first time they met several days back, Bonnie didn't seem to like her very much.

"When Jonas gave me my powers back, he gave me a message. If I can find the spot in town where the old Salem witches were burned, I can harness their energy to use when I need to."

Damon grinned. "Great. I'll add that to our list of things to do today. Harness ancient dead-witch power."

"You know where the witches were burned?" Bonnie suddenly asked.

"Did I forget to mention that?" Damon smirked.

"Yeah, oh, my God, that's brilliant," she smiled.

Jeremy picked up a book and sighed. "Are we gonna have to read through every one of these books till we find the right spell?"

"Not exactly," Bonnie said with a slight smile. She looked up at the shelf and closed her eyes, raising her hands in the air. Suddenly, all of the books fell with one of them open right in front of her. Bonnie picked it up. "It's this one."