No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 21

Last Chapter Charlie told the others that Klaus was possessing Alaric, what will happen next? This chapter is my take on the sixties dance episode.

Hope you like where the story is going :D

Chapter 21

"So, are you looking forward to this dance?" Charlie asked sarcastically as Damon walked back into his bedroom.

He rolled his eyes. "No one ever looks forward to any kind of Mystic Fall's event, Charlie; something bad always seems to happen. But Klaus being here in Alaric's body... that really is the icing on the cake of Mystic Falls' disasters."

Charlie half-laughed. "I think I should just come with you guys. Klaus knows I'm alive anyway."

"Why? Even if there wasn't an evil vampire out to get us all, why would you want to go to a sixties dance... the sixties were terrible," Damon scoffed.

"Well, First, I want to look out for Elena and Jeremy. Since I'm a vampire again and I technically can't die, I figured I might as well help. Second, I get to wear a really cute outfit." She snaked her arms around his neck. "Third, I get to be your date." Damon smirked slightly and she kissed him gently on the lips.

Damon wrapped his arms around her waist holding her to him. "Fine, but only 'cause I want to see you in a very sexy miniskirt," he smirked against her lips before kissing her eagerly.

Charlie kissed him back and took control by grabbing his hair and speedily pushing him against the wall. They kissed for several moments before Damon wanted control, he grabbed her waist and in a flash pulled them onto a nearby chair. Charlie straddled Damon as he kissed her again.

Suddenly, Damon pushed her off his lap, his blue eyes growing serious.

Charlie looked at him with a puzzled expression.

"I just have to say something… get it off my chest," he said, standing from the chair so they were face to face.

"What is it?" Charlie asked a slight smile on her lips. "I'm usually the one who goes all moral in the middle of a make out session."

Damon gave a small laugh. "I know, but you just need to know this," Damon mumbled to himself. He sounded almost nervous.

"Then tell me," she said gently.

Damon then took a step closer to her.

"I love you, Charlotte," Damon said softly. "And I'm sorry for everything I've done to hurt you. I'm not perfect and I never will be. But I'm a work in progress and I know being with you is what I want. This past week I've almost lost you twice... you literally died... I don't know what I'd do if I lost you for real."

Charlie just stared at him; she'd never seen Damon this vulnerable.

Damon took her small hands in his. "And I know we have a lot of bad history and I will never be the Damon you want or deserve but I want to start again because I can't let you go."

Charlie was now smiling, her eyes full; Damon had never been this honest with her.

"I shouldn't be selfish with you… I don't deserve you, but I love you," Damon continued. He leaned forward and kissed her forehead, pulling away slowly, his eyes never leaving her face.

Charlotte suddenly leaned forward and kissed his lips. She pulled back and smiled. "Damon, I don't want you to change, you, the way you are now, you're still my Damon. And I love you."

Damon continued to stare at her, his blue eyes now filled with lust and a smirk plastered on his sexy lips. Charlie gently kissed him and as she pulled away he grabbed her, kissing her again. Their passion quickly grew and Damon began to kiss firmer and quicker. Damon wrapped his arms around her small frame, holding her even closer. He moaned slightly into the much heated kiss.