No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 13 & 14

For the first time I am introducing The Originals and the curse. Hope you like my twist on things.

Last chapter was mainly a flash back to Charlie's human life and her relationship with Brice. But in present day Elena posed as Katherine and her and Charlie went to see Brice. Let's see how things went…

Chapter 13

Present Day

Brice had left them alone, Charlie could hear him opening and closing heavy glass doors in the next room. She presumed it was some sort of cabinet. No doubt grand and expensive like everything else in his extravagant home. From the heavily polished wooden floors to the large French windows and stunning Victorian furnishings, this house screamed Brice. And Charlie knew he hadn't changed. He was just as arrogant, conceited and pompous as he had been all those years ago.

Elena and Charlie stood awkwardly in the doorway unsure what they should do.

"This was a bad idea, Elena, something is going to go wrong, I can just feel it," Charlie whispered.

"It'll be okay, we just need to get answers to your questions and leave as soon as we can," Elena replied.

"Simpler said than done, Brice is very crafty with his words. He knows how to trick you."

"I may be human but I've dealt with people like him before, I..." Charlie cut her off.

"Shush, he's coming back," Charlie said as she heard footsteps approaching on the wooden floor.

Brice entered the room with a bottle of scotch and three glasses. As he came towards them Charlie's eyes automatically took in his twenty-first century appearance again. His black hair, which had been shoulder length the last time she saw him, was now cut short and styled in a messy way. His shorter hair seemed to emphasise his masculine carved features and yet, his dark eyes and full lips were still as beautiful. After 250 years he still made her hormones rage and her body want him. His square jaw and dark eyes made him one of the most stunning men she'd ever known.

He sat on a patterned arm chair. "Please, sit, join me," he said, gesturing to the large couch in front of him. His voice was smooth, silky, and full of authority and still held a hint of his European accent.

They sat down on a dark green couch that faced his chair. He poured the scotch into the three glasses and handed one to each of them.

Elena nodded and flashed Katherine's signature smirk as she took the glass.

"Thank you," Charlie said with the barest glimmer of a smile.

He drank his down in one gulp and instantly poured another. "So, how are my two beautiful ladies? I guess you both couldn't stay away from me," he smiled smugly.

"I don't have time for your cockiness or stupidity, Brice, just tell me everything," Charlie commanded.

He smiled darkly. "Give me a moment, Charlotta, you've just arrived. I have some questions of my own first," he said.

She looked directly at him. "Are you being serious, what do you need to ask me? I know nothing! And don't play your silly little games with me, distracting me with your stupid remarks and comments. I'm not some pathetic human anymore, you can't mess me around. Just tell me the truth. You wanted to talk to me now talk," Charlie said not breaking eye contact with him.

He laughed. "Where has my innocent Charlotta gone? You're definitely a lot more feisty than I remember."

Charlie sneered. "Charlotta died in a house fire in 1764, Brice, along with her parents, family, friends and every single one of her staff. However, Charlie is alive; she's vengeful, sardonic and slightly bitter but trying to live her life in the 21st century. Nonetheless, she wants the truth now, Brice."