Chapter 7: Teamwork

Art done by (twitter handle) @ egatyan1410

------

"AAAAAH" The soldier screamed as I impale him with my lance.

"Pfft, try harder in your next life." I said and threw him to the wall in my right.

"My lady, we must hurry. Back up is coming." My blade said.

"Oh don't worry Xer." I said and smiled afterwards.

"I'm sure we will be gone once they arrive here.-" I looked to the water puddle.

"Let's inspect the Queen's secret garden and retrieve what we came for." I said.

"Understood, my lady." Xer said.

We walked to the puddle. I thought it wouldn't be that deep but I was mistaken. The water felt very cold, but with Xer by my side, that annoying feeling disappeared.

I swam to the middle and Xer joined me. We locked eyes and I nodded.
Immediately, Xer changed his element mastery and became water element.

Now that he was a water element, the water became cold again, and that annoyed me.
Xer quickly surrounded me with some kind of special energy that allowed me to breathe under the water. As he finished, I dived and followed the small cave.

It didn't take us a lot of time to reach the end. I saw some light from above and we began surfacing.
I got out of the puddle and then shook my head. My hair was now ruined; the fact that I had long hair doesn't help too.

"Ugh." I complained.

"Something wrong?" Xer asked.

"My hair is messed up now. It will take some hours to dry. I have to comb it and ugh, that simply takes time." I said angrily.

"... Is... There anyway I can... Help?" He asked concerned.

I shook my head and then sighed.

"Don't worry. It is not that big of a deal... Just annoying..." I said.

Then I noticed the beautiful secret garden that Queen Raqura had been hiding.
She had some exotic plants I have never seen before. Also the building itself was kind the luxury too.

"My my..." I said slowly, mesmerized.

"Queen Raquuuuuraaaaa... What a lady you are!" I said.

I started walking towards the first staircase. Xer was following behind.
I looked at some plants and touched a few. Some had stiff leaves and others were as delicate as a wet sheet of paper.

"We should start looking for that piece." Xer suggested.

I didn't answer. Instead, I kneeled and kept looking at this luminescent plant.

"Oh hello buddy." I whispered and then remained silent, staring at this plant.

"Ahem..." Expressed Xer, I finally noticed.

"My lady, we should hurry." He said concerned.

"Alright alright." I replied then stood up.

I turned around to look at him, then gestured him to search in the east hemisphere of the garden. He nodded and then started looking around.
I went to the right hemisphere and began searching for this piece too.

I judged poorly this task. I thought it would take less than 5 minutes but for sure we have been here for more than 10 minutes.
We kept searching but no luck. Then I noticed a weird pattern in one section of the west hemisphere. I saw a some plants irradiating two colors: white and purple.