Chapter 19: A Long Short Date Finale

Art done by Taro @peach_taro51 (twitter handle)

------

Kev contemplated the book for a brief moment and then he opened it. He showed me the first page.

"To the man I once loved... By..." I read out loud, but then I realized there was no author.

"Wait..." I said confused.

"This book was written by a woman, from long time ago." He said immediately as I stopped talking.

"The book belongs to the romance and tragedy genre. There was one time that it was very popular between the folks of Theosoir because of the story, tragedy and the feelings that the author pictured within her paragraphs." He continued as he flipped the pages.

He only stopped in certain pages that had drawings, some depicting landscapes, others objects and so on. The drawings were pretty good given they were done with only pencil.

"The book starts with a girl in her late twenties. She was living a happy life with her supportive family.

She was a strong and perseverant girl. She was tough because she endured bullying in her infant ages and went through some sexism because she was born as a woman.

Her parents always supported her. She had big dreams." He said as he showed me a page with a sketch with a girl, looking outside through the window. She looked pensive.

"Long story short..." He said as he skipped a good chunk of pages. It looked like he knew what he was doing.

"She met a man that changed her life.

Life happened, and she developed internal insecurities and couldn't trust anybody.

That man came to her life in the exact moment. She was going through depression and the reason... It was because nothing went out her way.

The man was her shoulder she could rely on.
The man was her special place she could be herself without being afraid of getting judged.
The man helped her to find her way again. He was always the first one to be next to her; celebrating her successes, crying together her failures, sharing memorable moments and even doing some pretty dumb but fun stuff.
It was like he was the perfect partner for her...." He said as he put his right arm on top of the table and then rested his chin on top of his right hand.

I was genuinely curious as to what happened to her.
To be fair, I was confused why Kev was talking all about this to me. The only way that I could find out, was to keep going with him.
I also noticed that I related a little... I wanted to point that out, but I was going forward with no prejudices

"She fell in love..." I said to complement his summary. Kev winked at me.

"That is right, Mythra.

She fell in love with the man that deeply cared for her.

She didn't deny her feelings once she noticed her heart belonged to him...
So she asked him out one night. Both of them drank and had fun in her house. They did some very dumb stuff but they enjoyed themselves.

She confessed to him while both of them were still on their senses.

The man did not know what to do. He panicked and denied her feelings - he rejected her." He said as we flipped the pages and then landed on a drawing, picturing her crying on that night.

"The friendship between both of them got really awkward.

She suffered because she was afraid of losing her friend. She did not want it to happen.
The man? He refused to show up to prevent her feelings towards him develop even more... And things got worse.