Interlude: Trust

Art done by misu_kasumi. Website: Danbooru

------

As the events in Mor Ardain unfolded, other events happened simultaneously in a titan heading towards Uraya.

------

It has been one day on this ship and both of us were chilling for the moment.
Mythra had her own personal things to do and so I had my own too.

Luckily, on the ship there was a restaurant that could save us the cooking - good for me, I didn't want to try Mythra's cooking after what her sister told me.

It was already night and I was bored to death. There was nothing productive to do. I could take a stroll or go up and look at the stars, but then I had to walk down again to search for my room - something different from what I was used to do during my stay in Torigoth.

I was in my bed, looking at ceiling, trying to imagine things to entertain me.
Surprisingly, this was the first time I was involved by pure silence. I couldn't hear anything except when Mythra made a loud sound - her room was next to mine.

I wanted to sleep so I could kill time... But I guessed my body refused to.

I checked the time frequently. First 8:09 PM, then 8:14 PM, 8:20 PM, 8:23 PM and so on. It for sure kept me entertained for a little but I got bored way too quickly.

Then, the lamp turned off suddenly. My room was filled with darkness - I could barely see anything (actually, that was being way too optimistic).
I sighed and decided to get up and find my way out.

One I stood up and walked a few steps, I got disoriented. I extended my arms in front of me and moved them slightly sideways to feel any object to orient me.

I have crashed with my desk, hit my my foot with a chair and I almost fell over.

"Aaaauuch!!!" I groaned from pain after hitting my my leg with something I didn't recognize.

This kept going untill I heard someone knocking on the door.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Is everything ok in there?" A female voice said. It was Mythra's.

"Wel-" I said and then fell over.

"-Ouch, my knees!" I complained once again.

"Can I come in?" She asked.

"Alright." I replied.

She opened the door and saw the room in complete darkness. She giggled and then snapped her fingers. She created a small sparkle that lighten the whole room. She found me on the ground, next to the desk, and many objects too.

"How did... This happen?" She asked in disbelief, looking left to right. I remained silent.

"If I need someone to mess my room, I know who to call." She said and smirked.
I swallowed my dignity and just smiled.

"I bet that person will do an awesome job." I said as I tried to stand up.
Then, I wiped the dust off from my clothes and then picked up all the objects and placed them back. Mythra sat on the edge of my bed watching everything while humming a melody.

"Alright, thanks for the helping hand." I said as I placed my rapier on the desk again.

"Hmmph, don't sweat it." She said proudly.

Then, I opened up a cabinet that had a label "in case of emergency" and I found an extra bulb. I replaced the old one and disposed it.

"Say... Elizabeth claims you are the Guardian of Time or something like that...All this forbidden blade stuff and supposedly, you met the architect... It confuses me..." She stated and remained silent for a few seconds.