Chapter 5: Premonition

Image obtained from the Xenoblade Wiki.

{~~~~~~}

"(Wait... This again?)" I questioned myself.

I looked around and I found myself in Fate's Hub. I saw Jennifer and Elizabeth there too.

After a few a minutes, I heard explosions. My first reaction was to evacuate them.

"Hurry girls! This w-" I stopped suddenly. I remembered this exact phrase, the same words and tone.

The girls looked at me confused. I simply stood there frozen. However, another explosion happened infront of Fate's Hub that made me react. I shook my head and told the girls to get out of the building.

"Do not go straight forward. Take the alternative route." I said. The girls nodded and got out of the building. They took the alternative route wich was to enter the inn and exit using the backdoor.

I remember what happened in the next scene. This time I wanted to hide in a place where I could see everything in more detail.

I sneaked out from the building and hid behind some barrels that were placed outside of the inn and then... I simply waited to witness that horrible scene again.

After a few moments, I saw Mythra flying and crashing with the fountain - just exactly like that other dream.

Then I saw that male figure with his right hand extended. I looked to my right and I saw Mythra's the sword fall and get stuck on the ground.

The figure repeated every movement with no small variation. This dream was a repetition.

"Stand up, girl." Said the male figure again.

During that moment, I quickly picked up Mythra's sword. The sword remained dormant, no energy was flowing through it.

Then the figure just clenched his fist and Mythra screamed in pain.

I knew what was going to happen next. I felt determined to change the outcome of the situation.

Then he extended his fingers and started raising slowly his hand and Mythra started to stand up slowly.

Before Pyra jumped out to attack this figure, I quickly charged at it.
The male figure didn't notice my presence untill it was too late.

I channelled all my strength in this blow and I hit it, sending it flying towards the stone wall under the windmill, incapacitating it.

I quickly turned around to spot Pyra.

"Careful Pyra, to your right, protect yourself!" I screamed.

She quickly turned around and created a shield that successfully blocked the ether laser.

After that event, everything around me froze and they started to dematerialize. Everything transformed into ether dust: the environment, all the people and blades.

Suddenly, everything went dark. I panicked and started to look around.

"Elizabeth!?... Jen!? Mythra!?... Pyra!?" I screamed desperately but I got no response.

Everything went silent. I walked around to see if I could find anything but nothing.

"Now that you have seen it, what will you do?" A deep voice asked me from nowhere.

"Huh!?" I exclaimed. The sudden voice scared me and gave me chills.

"What is your decision, Guardian?" The mysterious voice asked again.

"My... Decision?" I asked back, but I got no response.

After that, I started vanishing from that dark plane.