Chapter 23: Wounded Hearts

Artist is Jake Leonardi (his website and portfolio: https://www.jakeleonardi.com/digital-works/illustration)

------

We were having a great time at the restaurant.

Mythra and I decided to order some food as opening and the chefs outdone themselves. We wanted to have the main meal later.

We also ordered some wine to enhance the experience. I wasn't a drinker myself, but I thought this was the opportunity to give it a shot.

The waiter served us some wine and we clanked our cups.

"Cheers." I said.

"Cheers." She responded.

After that, we began to drink our cups.

"So... What can you tell me about yourself?" Mythra asked me.

She leaned slightly forward while holding the cup with her right hand.

I also leaned on top of the table while holding mine.
I looked at her and she looked back at me.

"I'm a nerd and I'm a sucker for music." I responded to her.

"Oooh!" She expressed with a smile.

I told her that I was a musician and that I used to play three instruments. However, as time passed, I stuck with one which was the guitar.

"Guitar?" She asked confused; and understandably so, because that instrument is nowhere to be found.

"Think of that like a torigonda, but smaller and with a different shape." I told her.

She then proceeded to imagine said instruments and attempted many times to get it right.
She was close after the sixth try.

"I'll show if someday we are back in Torigoth, deal?" I asked her and she nodded excitedly.

"And you? What can you tell me about yourself?" I asked her.

"You already know it because of what happened before... But I genuinely love cooking." She said with a smile. She then drank a sip from her cup.

"I do agree I'm not a great cook, but I'm striving to become better at that.

Pyra is the chef between the two of us, but I genuinely love cooking; I dream to do excellent dishes someday." She responded.

I smiled after hearing that. She just validated my thoughts: she is working hard to become a better version of herself... And I loved that.

"You seemed very inspired, because I loved the food you cooked for me." I told her as I gave her a smirk.

She flinched slightly after I winked.

Mythra just smiled and placed the cup down. She started fiddling.

We remained silent for a moment.

"It's thanks to you, Kev." She said, breaking the silence.

"Oh? How so?" I asked back.

Mythra chuckled a little.

"You silly, don't you remember that night that we cooked together?" She questioned me.

I nodded.

"I remember, yeah." I responded.

Mythra started playing with her hair and her cheeks turned slightly red. She chuckled a little more.

I just kept looking at her. Her positiveness filled me with joy. I wanted to know what weree going to be her words.

"You included me and you never judged me. In fact, you taught me new things and corrected my mistakes.