Interlude: Tests

Credit goes to: artandreference. Website: pinterest.com

------

Mythra and me reached the inn in less than a minute. Along the way, we saw that the market was pretty much dead.
No person or blade was walking through that street. Also, it lacked of lamps, giving more eerie vibes.

"Finally we have arrived."  I said in relief.

Mythra looked at me in the eyes.  And then started fiddling.

"You know... It was fun after all." She said timidly. I smiled at her.

"I'm glad you had a good time with me. I also enjoyed it." I said and giggled a bit.

Then, for no apparent reason, Mythra's core crystal began to glow. She quickly hid it with her left hand. Then looked at me with a red face.

"Okay, you have seen enough. I'll see you later, bye and shoo away!" She said imperatively while turning me around and ended it with a push.

"Are you okay My-?" I asked as I turned around. To my surprise, she was already gone.

"Oh... Well..." I put my right hand on the back of my head.

"Good night... I guess." I said and sighed.

Then, I turned around and headed to Elizabeth's house. I felt exhausted and my legs could barely support me. I just wanted to sleep.

I arrived at her house, quickly opened the door and walked in.

"Oh hey Kevin!" Elizabeth's mom said while I closed the door gently.

"Oh hello Andrea!" I replied.

"I wish I wanted to stay to talk, but I'm very exhausted... Do you mind if I go straight to my room and call it a day?" I asked her.

"Oh no, it's fine. I'm pretty sure you had a rough day. Go ahead, I won't hold you any longer." She said with a smile.

"Thanks ma'am. I really appreciate it... Have a good night." I said and bowed to her.

"Good night, sweetie." She responded.

After that, I walked towards my room. I hanged out my coat, my beret and removed my shoes. Also, I unequipped my rapier and placed it on top of the desk along with the necklace.

I quickly went to my bed and let my body sink into the cushion. It took less than 2 minutes for me to actually fall asleep. I was that tired.

{~~~~~~}

"Okay, I got this!" Mythra said excitedly.

She turned on the oven and placed the frying pan on top of the small ring of fire.

She cracked a pair of eggs, but I noticed her right hands were too shaky.

"Do you need help?" I asked her.

"No, I can do this!" She said and then took a deep breath.

"Alright, I'll leave that dish to you..." I said and turned around.

As I was walking away from the kitchen I heard the frying pan hitting the door.

"Huh?" I wondered. As I turned around, I saw Mythra trying to turn off the massive fire using water.

"What did you do!?" I asked her.

"Will you actually help me or keep staring!?" She quickly replied in panic.

Then I grabbed the fire extinguisher and used it against the fire.
In matter of seconds, the chaos vanished.
I placed down the extinguisher and quickly checked Mythra.