Prologue.

Rapunzel's POV.
Hiccup had the bright idea to go camping this summer. I'm not much of an outdoorsy person but I agreed since it was our last summer break together before college.
College. The word haunted me. Silly I know but it meant I was going to be separated from my best friend. Hiccup had been accepted into an exceptional private college and there was me...stuck at some crappy public college.
He knew exactly what he wanted in life but me, I was stuck at a dead end already and I'm only 18.
Back to the camping trip.
We decided to set up camp on top of this hill that looked over the small town we lived in, beneath was a forest that boarded the town. On our trek up the hill Hiccup was telling me about this virus that scientists where experimenting on to find a cure, he informed me that the lab was quarantined a few weeks ago just for safety measures. Hic is like a walking talking Wikipedia, he knows just about anything you could think of. When we were kids I called him "Big Brain."
After a couple of hours we managed to have set up the tents and make a small-ish fire and before long we were settling in our tents to sleep.
~~~
I was awoken by the sounds of Hiccup's screams. I hurtled out of my tent to see a disheveled man attacking him.
"Hiccup!" I screamed. Rapidly, I grabbed the closest thing to a weapon next to me and smashed it across the man's head. I breathed in and out frantically as I watched the person jerk around on the floor before falling limp. Hiccup clung onto me, terrified of what just happend. I glanced down at what I used to hit the man. A frying pan?!
"I was only gonna take a piss in the bush!" Hiccup cried. I chuckled before spinning around and hugging him tight. "Thanks Punze." He patted my back. Together we shoved the now dead man down the hill and waited for the crash of shrubs to signify he was at the bottom. I stood up and faced Hiccup but he was looking down at the town. People where running, screaming in their haste to get away from others. Buildings where crashed into by cars! Then I looked away tears pricking in my eyes.
"What's going on?" I asked Hiccup. He was silent for a few moments before replying.
"I think this is the apocalypse...."