Chapter 4

The elevator doors open to reveal the brightly lit basement which was currently hosting a party, or to be more precise THE party by the way Mr Ichinomiya's explained what it was really about earlier on. He swiftly links arms with me as we step out of the elevator and immediately we get mobbed by a barrage of women as soon they spot him.

"Eisuke!"

"Eisuke's here!"

They crowd around him in no time and start clamouring for his attention. Honestly, what was with these women? Don't they realize how much of a jerk he is? 

"It's so lovely to see you again, Mr Ichinomiya!"

"Please be so kind as to show me around the party!" 

"No, no, take me!"

However, Mr Ichinomiya ignores them all as he coldly says, "I already have a guest for tonight." Hearing his say that, they seem to give up and back away but not before casting dirty looks towards me. 

"Um, what should I do here?" I ask as soon as we're on our own. "I mean, I’ve never been to something like this before, so ... "

"Weren't you paying attention?" he asks, in an irritated tone. "I told you before; just behave and follow my lead." he answers before I have a chance to even say yes or no. "Also, there is a very important guest attending the party tonight. I'm going to introduce you to him, so don't do anything stupid."

As Mr Ichinomiya leads me to god knows where, I notice that the party seems even flashier than it was when I was here yesterday and is brimming with celebrities as expected. We pass by several of them and Mr Ichinomiya introduces me as his girlfriend to everyone who approaches him. 

"I'd love it if you two came to my next party." invites Mr Fukusawa, the owner of a Japanese trade company.

"Of course." answers Mr Ichinomiya, wearing a brilliant smile that I’d never seen before. I had to remind myself to keep my guard up or else I might get fooled into thinking that he was actually a nice person.

"It would be our pleasure." I insert politely, as Mr Ichinomiya winds his arm around my waist and pulls me up against him. I'm taken by surprise at the sudden action and try to smile at Mr Fukusawa to hide my embarrassment.

We continue to chat with various famous politicians and Olympic medallists, when I suddenly start to feel a strong gaze on my back as if someone's watching me. I turn around to see a tall, beautiful woman whose only imperfection seems to be the nasty glare that's being cast my way. Turning away from her shape eyes, I glance around me and only then do I realize the fact that Mr Ichinomiya's former groupies are also throwing daggers at me. Oh god... that's really not necessary. It's not like I'm actually his girlfriend or anything ...

However, the person looking most harshly at me isn't one of the groupies at all. In fact, it's a middle-aged man with gelled black hair. But what surprises me the most is when I make eye contact with him and he smiles at me. Wait, did I just read him wrong? Or did he change his expression because he knew I could see him?

"Stop looking around like that." orders Mr Ichinomiya, noticing my eyes wandering about the room. 

"S-sorry ... " I mutter tiredly, just as we take a break from mingling with the other guests. "Excuse but can I got to the washroom?"

"Be back in five." says Mr Ichinomiya and I go off in the direction of the washroom feeling even more desperate for a break now that I was free for him for at least a short while.

I quickly get inside and make sure I look presentable before plastering on the best smile I can muster up on my face. With that, I open the door and emerge from the washroom when I am stopped in my tracks by a woman standing just outside the door, blocking my path. Wait a second. Wasn't this the woman who I’d seen go up to the penthouse with Mr Ichinomiya earlier today?