forty

~
Adrien's POV
~

I was determined to know what Marinette wanted to say, but of course Theo interrupted us.

That guy never had a sense of time. Or any sense at all. He's like 20 and he had a crush on Ladybug three years ago. My Ladybug, who was only 14.

Now he's dating Mirelle, one of the weather girls at Kidz+ TV. That guy was really weird.

I notice Marinette quickly wiped her tears and she plastered a smile on her face.

I admire her as she walks up to Theo and starts to talk about the bathroom.

It amazes me how she manages to keep her composure all the time. Through humiliation, anger, sadness, and confusion, she always magically held it together.

I've only seen her break down twice. In the battle of the miraculous, and when I accidentally almost slept with her as Chat Noir.

She's been through so much, and with the role of the guardian and the baby, she's going through so much more. It truly amazes me how she handles everything.

Marinette and Theo are discussing the bathroom, and I'm sitting here patiently for them to finish.

I know Marinette requires a lot of patience and stability, and I'm more than happy to give that to her. She's a blessing in disguise and I'm so happy to have her.

I never knew that I could be so in love with someone. Before I found out her secret identity, I was crazy in love with Ladybug, but after our class trip to New York, my feelings for Marinette grew and I didn't know why.

I was so confused. Next thing I knew, I was asking her out. My feelings grew and now we're expecting a baby.

I'm so excited for her. The baby, I mean. I still think it's a girl, but I know how determined Marinette is for it to be a boy. Having a son would be exciting, but I'm definitely scared. Having a son would be scary, but having a little girl would be so cute. A little Marinette running around would be beyond cute.

I haven't been paying attention, so it came as a surprise when Marinette sat down beside me.

"Theo left?" I ask and she nods in response. "What was it you wanted to tell me?"

Marinette looks down again. I don't understand what's going on, or why she's acting so strange, but I know I should be patient, and I have no problem with doing that.

I notice that she's not speaking, and I know she isn't ready.

"It's okay, my love." I lift her chin and stare into her bluebell eyes. "You can tell me when you're ready."

I see guilt flash across her face. What's actually going on?

"I.." She trails off. "I need to tell you."

I nod and I allow her to continue.

"When I was..when we were broken up.." She starts, "I was with Leo.."

"I know." I recall the event where I was about to get her from him but she was dragged away by Ladybug. Wait. Wait a damn minute. "How the hell did-"