twenty-six

"Chat, I really don't want to talk right now." Marinette sniffed. She was hugging her knees and sobbing on her bed.

Chat Noir entered in her room and landed beside her anyway.

"What's wrong, Princess?" He asked. He genuinely didn't know what was going on.

He fell asleep last night in Marinette's bed and woke up in his room with bars on his doors and windows. His cell phone and computer were gone and nobody spoke to him. Thankfully, a little cataclysm on the bars in his bathroom window helped him escape this morning.

"It's Adrien.." Marinette cried. "He...he..he kissed Ladybug. Their tongues were practically down each other's throats! He told me he still felt something for her and his feelings overtook him."

Marinette looked up at Chat Noir with teary eyes. "How could he do that to me? He always told me he loved me and he made it seem like we were going to last forever. He made it seem like we were soulmates, but he threw it all away!"

Chat Noir was taken aback. What the hell was going on? He never kissed Ladybug! He wasn't in love with her anymore, he was in love with Marinette.

"Marinette, I'm sure it was a misunderstanding." Chat Noir tried to comfort her.

"No! How could it be a misunderstanding?" Marinette sobbed. "He cheated on me, whether it was accidental or not."

Chat Noir sighed and tried to figure out a way to fix this without revealing his identity.

"Well, have you ever fell in love with someone, and it didn't work out, so you moved on and fell in love with another person but your feelings for the first person lingered around?"

"That's very confusing and oddly specific." Marinette let out a laugh.

"What I'm trying to say is that you never really get over your first love. And if you do, something about them makes your heart skip a beat, and it's the worst feeling in the world, especially when you're with someone else." Chat Noir spoke from his heart.

Marinette sighed. Then she remembered Luka. She felt that way when she was with Luka. Is that why she had a sudden dream about him? To help her understand this situation? Was the universe trying to tell her beforehand?

"I understand that." She said. "But it still hurts."

"I know." Chat Noir pulled Marinette into a hug. "But everything will work out, I promise you."

"Thanks Chat." Marinette dried her tears and looked Chat in the eye. "You're always here for me. I couldn't thank you enough."

"You don't need to, Princess." Chat smiled. He savored the moment because he didn't know when he could see her again.

-

Marinette decided that she needed to distance herself from Adrien. She had to figure out how the hell her earrings disappeared. She was sitting on her couch when she heard someone climb her stairs.

"Marinette?" Alya knocked on her door. She walked in with a frown.

"Nino told me Adrien hasn't been picking up his calls, do you know if he's okay?"

And so, through so more tears, Marinette explained her situation to her best friend.

"Oh wow." Alya mumbled when Marinette finished explaining.

"Yeah...wow." Marinette said sarcastically.

"Well, what would Ladybug do?" Alya asked.

"That's the thing, I'm not Ladybug. My miraculous is gone!" Marinette sighed.

"Well, maybe, in the meantime you could use another miraculous." Alya suggested.

"But what if there's an akuma? How will I capture it?" Marinette started to panic.

"Hawk Moth has been MIA, you'll be fine girl." Alya smiled.

"Yeah, I guess." Marinette stood up and walked towards her closet. She opened her hidden compartment, unlocked the safe, and pulled out the miracle box.

"Wow.." Alya said with amazement. Marinette grinned.

She decided on her miraculous. She wanted the dragon. 

Marinette opened the compartment and put on the necklace. Longg flew out.

"Marinette? But where's Tikki?" Longg looked around.

"Tikki has been captured, and I need a miraculous in the mean while." Marinette explained.

"Oh dear!" Longg exclaimed.

"I know, but don't worry Longg. We'll get her back." Marinette reassured.

Marinette looked down at her miracle box, and heard Tikki's voice.

*Flashback*

"Marinette, you know you're the guardian, right?" Tikki flew to Marinette's eye level.

"Of course I know I'm the guardian!" Marinette giggled.

"Well.." Tikki hesitated. Then she said, "Have you ever considered giving anyone a miraculous?"

"I already have given miraculouses to people." Marinette replied. "Alya, Nino, Max, Adrien but then I gave it to Luka, I even gave Chlo-"

"No, you let them borrow one." Tikki interrupted. "You didn't really give it to them."

"Yeah..you're right." Marinette tapped her chin. "But what's up with the thought?"

"Well..I..I don't want you or Chat Noir to get hurt." Tikki mumbled. "Hawk Moth is growing stronger and stronger by the day. I fear that one day he'll be too strong for the both of you and-"

"Hey, hey, hey.." Marinette noticed Tikki started to cry and she hugged her. "Everything will be okay, Tikki. I think you're right, I should start giving people miraculouses, but don't worry. The most important thing is that I'm with you now, and I'll always be with you. I love you to the moon and back, Tikki."

Tikki smiled and hugged Marinette. "Thank you, Marinette."

"No, thank you." Marinette beamed. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

*End of Flashback*

Marinette picked up the fox miraculous and extended her hand out to Alya.

"Huh?" Alya furrowed her brows. "There's no villain around. You don't need any help."

"Alya Cesaire, here is the miraculous of the fox. You will use it for the greater good and assist Chat Noir and I here on out." Marinette announced.

"Wait, so like, it's mine?" Alya widened her eyes.

Marinette nodded.

"Thank you, Marinette!" Alya squealed. She took the miraculous and put it on and hid it under her shirt.

Trixx flew out and smiled at Alya.

Marinette felt relieved. She didn't have Tikki, but she had Alya.

Oh no.

Tikki.