eighteen

WARNING: SOME SEASON 4, EPISODE 1 SPOILERS

Marinette walked into a room on Juleka's boat. 

She stopped. She saw herself frantically ranting about Adrien. She looked to her right. Luka was sitting on his bed, staring at her ranting. It was if she was invisible.

Marinette saw herself turn around. She yelped in fear.

Marinette couldn't hear what they were saying but it seemed to be muffled, which was odd because she was right there.

"Hello Ma ma Marinette." Luka laughed. 

Marinette saw herself look down.

"Sorry." Luka stopped laughing. "I make more sense with this." He started to play the tune Marinette fell in love with.

Everything went white.

Then, Marinette walked in a movie theatre.

"KISS ME!" She saw herself exclaim with Luka sitting next to her.

People in the theatre turned to look at her. Marinette saw herself look down with embarrassment.

"Well, if that's what you want." Luka smiled and turned to her.

"Yes, it's what I want." Marinette saw herself blush.

The two leaned in for a kiss. Then, the ceiling shook.

Everything went white again. Marinette realized that this was a dream, but it was a dream of her memories.

Marinette onto Juleka's boat again.

She saw an akumatized person. She recognized him instantly.

"Truth." She whispered to herself.

Truth's sentimonster casted a spotlight on Luka's mom, forcing her to freeze in her place.

"Who is my father, mom?" Truth's third eye shot a white light at his mom.

Her lips became white. 

"Jagged Stone." She said.

Marinette was confused. She wasn't here at the time. This wasn't her memory. 

Everything went white again.

Marinette saw herself and Luka standing at the top of the Eiffel Tower.

"Thank you for taking me for dinner." She saw herself say.

"Of course, Marinette. I thought it would be healthy for us if we ended our relationship with a good memory."

"Thank you Luka." Marinette saw herself smile.

Luka stepped closer to her. "Now that I think of it, our entire relationship was a good memory."

And that's all it was.

A memory.

Marinette woke up. She didn't know how to feel. Why was her dream consisting of memories with Luka?

"Marinette?" A sleepy Adrien said from beside her.

Marinette froze. What had happened? Why was Adrien there?

"Adrien? What are you doing here?"

"I called you several times and texted you and I got worried." Adrien yawned and sat up. "So I came over to see if you were alright. I saw you sleeping and I figured I'd just stay with you until you woke up."

This was the half truth. Adrien snuck out as Chat Noir and entered Marinette's room. He laid beside her and smiled at her. She rolled over in her sleep and hugged him. He told himself staying a little longer wouldn't kill him, so he detransformed and accidentally fell asleep.

"And your father let you?" Marinette asked.

"Y-yeah.." Adrien scratched the back of his neck.

Marinette sighed and sat up beside him. "What time is it?" She checked her phone. It was almost 12:30.

"It's pretty late..I don't want your father to be worried." She said sympathetically.

"Don't worry, Marinette." He put his hand on her cheek and rubbed her face with his thumb. He leaned in and kissed her. He took in her scent.

Strawberries. She smelled delicious.

After a couple of seconds, Marinette pulled away.

She had to tell him, and she was going to.

Right now.

"Adrien, I have to tell you something." Marinette said determinedly.

"You can tell me anything, Princess." He smiled at her.

Marinette closed her eyes.

"I'm pregnant." She blurted.

Adrien's face fell and his eyes went wide.

"Y-you're..what?" He blinked.

"Pregnant." She opened her eyes and looked at him.

Adrien laughed. "This is a prank, right?"

He kept laughing until he saw that Marinette wasn't. He stopped.

Marinette got out of her bed and Adrien followed her. She walked up to her vanity and opened a drawer. She took out a ziplock bag and handed it to Adrien.

He took it and looked at it. Inside, there was a pregnancy test. He flipped it around and his face became pale as his blood turned cold.

Pregnant.

"T-there's no-"

"Of course there's a way!" Marinette threw her hands up in the air. "We didn't use protection."

"Fuck fuck fuck." Adrien swore.

"Adrien!" Marinette reprimanded him. Adrien couldn't help but smile. Something about her tone brought him some happiness and comfort.

"What are we going to do?" Marinette asked and sat on her desk chair.

"Well, first thing's first." Adrien sat on her couch. He felt dizzy. "Do you want it?"

"Want what?" Marinette asked. She felt dizzy too. 

"The baby, Marinette." Adrien said.

"But how am I going to tell my parents? What about your father? He'll kill us! What if the baby comes between our school and we fail? How are we going to afford-" Marinette babbled.

"Marinette." Adrien interrupted. "Take a deep breath. Don't think of any of that. Do you want the baby?"

"Do you?" Marinette asked back.

"Yes, I do." Adrien replied. "I know it won't be easy, but I'd love nothing more than to share a child with you. However, don't let my answer effect yours. It's your body, and it's your choice. My opinion doesn't apply there."

Marinette smiled at Adrien's respect towards her. She instantly knew her answer. 

"Yes, Adrien. I do want the baby."

A/N: Sorry this was such a short chapter! I like leaving you guys on cliffhangers and I couldn't help myself with this little one :)