twenty-two

A.N: sorry i haven't updated in a couple of days. idk something about this part of the book is boring to me, but the boring parts are what build the story for the plot. i lost a lot of motivation to write this chapter because it's a semi-boring one. i'm going to build the rising action from here, be prepared for a few time skips! Also, there is a 18+ moment at the end of the chapter! 

Marinette woke up with a groan. The sun was right in her eyes. She sat up a looked around her. Her gaze landed on Adrien. Her Adrien.

"Wakey wakey," She whispered and shook him.

"Mm.." He opened his eyes. "Hi there."

"Hi," Marinette laughed and cupped his cheek and rubbed it with her thumb. "How did you sleep?"

"Well, I was beside you all night, so the answer is automatically fantastic." Adrien smiled and sat up. He gave Marinette a kiss.

"Don't flatter me." She giggled. "We have an important day today.." She frowned.

"Way to kill the mood, spoilsport." Adrien huffed.

"We have to do it anyway." Marinette said, "And I want to do it before my birthday to take off the stress."

"I know, I know.." Adrien muttered. "I just wish I could skip straight to your birthday."

"Yep, me too." Marinette sighed. 

She gave Adrien a kiss on the cheek and headed downstairs for breakfast and a shower.

"I wonder how today's going to play out." Plagg flies to Adrien's face.

"I can assure you that it definitely won't be good." Adrien says.

"Well if you learned to control yourself," Plagg scolded, "Then we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place!"

"We? Plagg, your daily routine is wake up, eat cheese, sleep, wake up again, eat more cheese, complain, eat cheese, complain some more, and go back to sleep." Adrien rolled his eyes.

"What's your point? I need my cheese." Plagg crossed his nubs, "And besides, without me, you wouldn't be the ultra-charming and cunning Chat Noir."

"I'm ultra-charming and cunning?" Adrien grinned at Plagg's so-called compliment.

"That's a hard no. You're the only person who calls yourself that." This time, Plagg was the one who rolled his eyes.

"Whatever! I'd look good with any miraculous anyway." Adrien bragged. "Imagine me in the dragon miraculous! I'd practically fall in love with myself."

"Uh, yeah, no. Remember when you turned into...what was it again? Oh yeah, Aspik." Plagg snickered. "You looked like a dumbass!" He practically died with laughter.

"Why don't you shut up and find your Sugarcube." Adrien smirked.

Little did Adrien know, a blushing red kwami was hiding behind her owner's computer.

"I-I.." Plagg stuttered. He knew Tikki could hear him, so he did something any stupid boy would do in order for their feelings to be hidden.

"She's like a sister to me!" He exclaimed. "I've been with her for over 5,000 years! We're like siblings, I'd never get together with Tikki. I only call her Sugarcube to just tease her."

Plagg might as well have thrown arrows into Tikki's heart. Although she didn't feel anything for him, she did care for him and value his opinion. She angrily flew downstairs and into the washroom with Marinette to calm down in the sauna-like atmosphere.