40

"Jeon Jungkook- is that correct?"

The police officer was staring into him like he could read his very soul, his fingers tapping away at the cold, hard plastic of his keyboard.

"Yeah."

"Good. As you know, I've already interviewed Park Jimin, and come to a few conclusions. I also need your input, as a witness."

Jungkook hummed in response, eyes focusing on the officer's nametag.

Dave.

"So, what is your relationship to Park." the man queried.

The words brought Jungkook to attention, and he spluttered, mind going blank momentarily.

"Um- Jimin is my..."

He and Jimin hadn't labelled their relationship. Of course they both liked each other, but they hadn't spoked about it yet. They'd just gone along for the ride.

"He's my.. He's my Jimin."

The officer appeared thoughtful for a moment, before tapping away at his keyboard again.

"That'll do. How did you meet him?"

"School. I just moved here, yknow? I've gotten closer to him over the past few months."

The man hummed, eyes still not leaving his laptop as he took notes.

"And what have you seen of Mr Park and his son's relationship firsthand?"

Jungkook inhaled slowly.

"Just this past afternoon I watched Mr. Park verbally abuse and threaten his son. I walked into Jimin's house only to find him in tears with slap marks on his face."

He paused for a second, gathering his bearings again.

"From what I've seen, he's been basically manipulating him into a highly religious lifestyle that he isn't interested in, and forcing homophobia onto and into him. When I met Jimin, he wouldn't even talk to me." Jungkook murmured.

The officer looked up for the first time since Jungkook had sat down. His face was more concerned now. Jungkook didn't like it. He wanted help, not pity.

"We'll definitely take your point of view into account, if Jimin's wasn't already enough evidence."

He reached out over the table, and gave Jungkook a firm pat on the shoulder.

"It'll work out buddy. I can see you care about young Park. We'll sort it out for you."

Jungkook offered him a half smile and a hand.

"Man's honor?"

The policeman took it, shaking it with a steady grip.

"You bet."

-

a/n- did i just develop a full, trusting relationship between jungkook and some random ass policeman named dave? you bet i fucking did.

also these chapters i'm writing are short so expect more than i predicted left.