1

Jungkook stared out the dusty window of the car. Rolling green hills flew by as the vehicle ambled through the winding roads, causing his head to spin.

He looked away, pushing his earbuds in more and closing his eyes.

Here he was, off on a journey to his new future.

Realistically, he should've been excited about the prospect of moving. If the view from out the window was anything to go be, he was quite literally going to be living in paradise. Not a tropical, island paradise, but still paradise nonetheless.

Yes, the town looked beautiful. Jungkook had passed patches of woods, no doubt concealing secret hideaways full of wild berries and native flowers, just begging to be picked. He'd passed endless sprawling valleys where the grass was always greener no matter what side it was on. He'd passed trickling streams filled to the rim with crystal clear, sparkling water. He'd passed fat cows with gorgeous brown fur, flocks of geese and chickens, and farms and plantations of every kind.

However, Jungkook wasn't easily fooled. He had heard about Airedale. The town was beautiful, but it's beauty masked dark secrets and a history of achingly painful prejudice. The town was full of overly religious citizens, and not the type that would smile and love their neighbours. They were the kind that would use out of context references and quotes to discriminate against anyone who they deemed "different".

Yes, Airedale was not the picture perfect town it seemed to be. And while Jungkook liked the idea of a picturesque village to use for photography and art, living there wasn't going to be all peaches and cream.

Jungkook snapped out of his thoughts as the car roughly turned a corner.

"Jungkook, Junghyun."

he looked up at his father, who was holding a the gps up on his phone.

"We're about 5 minutes away now." the man grinned, his heart filled with hope and optimism. And rightfully so. The family had moved for him, after all.

His father was a cattle farmer, but the job opportunities for people working in the dairy industry were very low where they had lived near the city. So Mr. Jeon had thrown his past life away and snagged a job in the country, 8 hours away from the city they used to live in.

Jungkook wasn't going to judge his father on his decision. The man had been desperately bored at his old farm management job. The poor guy needed a break. A breath of fresh air. And to an unknowing  elder, where better to get a breath of fresh air then the picturesque town of Airedale. It was even in the name. 

Dust began swirling up from behind the car as they hit the dirt road that led into the village. Rows upon rows of tiny cottages began rising up from the hills. Next came the tiny cafes and tourist trap souvenir shops. And, finally, came the actual main street

It was lined by market stalls, clothing shops (which all looked depressingly uniform and bland), and even a large local supermarket. There was also 2 restaurants, a little cinema, a library/bookshop, and a bowling alley, but that was about it for entertainment.

His mother drove straight through the main street and navigated to their new neighbourhood. She finally pulled to a stop in front a medium sized cottage.

"Ah. Home sweet home."

-

(a/n- i'm verrrry excited about this ;))