22

Cold water enveloped Jungkook as he fell into the lake. He flailed his arms around as the boat flipped over, treading water rhythmically.

Jimin let out a high pitched squeal. He shouted for help, but they were so far away from the group that nobody could hear him.

Their classmates were just tiny specks across the huge lake. They were drenched from head to toe. And alone.

"Oh god- I'm so sorry!" Jungkook breathed out, gliding over to grab hold of the oar. Jimin huffed, his lips twisted in a petulant pout, and grabbed hold of the now upturned boat, keeping himself afloat.

Jungkook dove down into the cool depths of the water and grabbed hold of the second oar, pulling it back up to the lake's surface.

Jungkook resurfaced, tiny droplets of water rolling down his cheeks and chin like sparkling jewels. He slicked his hair back off of his forehead, breathing heavily.

His white t-shirt was soaked through, exposing the entirety of his chest and tattoo sleeve. He could feel Jimin's eyes glued to him, burning holes into his skin.

It was like Jimin didn't even realise he was staring. His eyes flickered back and forth between Jungkook's eyes and his chest. Any hints of the childish pout that he wore before were gone, replaced with parted lips and glazed over eyes.

Jungkook noticed and stared right back, fixating on Jimin's eyes until Jimin looked back into his.

They stayed like that for a good 15 seconds. Dead silent, frozen in place, and just staring into each others eyes.

It was perfectly serene. Like they were the only two people on the lake. Like they were the only two people in the world. But of course, Jungkook had to ruin the moment.

He smirked and continued peering intently into the chestnut brown pools that were Jimin's eyes. Finally he spoke up.

"Why don't you take a picture. It'll last longer." he murmured.

Jimin rolled his eyes plunging his head underwater in exasperation. Jungkook just laughed.

"Bit narcissistic of you to assume I was staring, but I'll let you have the ego boost."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night princess. Let's try and drag this thing back, alright?" Jungkook chuckled, pointing at the boat with his free hand.

"Fine." Jimin huffed. "But you're carrying the canoe."

Jungkook nodded, swapping the oars out for the much larger boat.

Their teacher had finally caught sight of them, and was rowing over to them with some rope, to try and help them by towing the boat some of the way.

"Let's go then."

-

a/n- a bitch can't think of a good authors note so here's the time i tried to take an aesthetic beach photo and the wind just-

yes that is the front of my face.

you can't tell but the shirt i'm wearing says "looking for little miss naughty" on it. i got it at a thrift shop without even checking what it said before buying it. it is now my favourite shirt.