11

(a/n- i lied. it wasn't the last chapter i wrote)

-

It was a bright, sunny day. The rare sort of day when you actually wanted to be outside instead of arguing with your parents about how much screen time you've had. The sun was beating down on the bus, keeping it at a nice, warm temperature.

In Jungkook's opinion, it was the perfect day to stir up some drama.

Jungkook had recently begun taking the bus to school. His mum  was sick to death of his and Junghyun's constant arguing, so she separated them, loading Jungkook onto the bright yellow vehicle each morning. And while Jungkook became another sardine in the packed tin that was the school bus, Junghyun rode in the comfort and luxury that came in the form of their family's car.

On this fateful day, Jungkook spent the bus ride with his earbuds blaring Taemin's voice into the very cavities of his brain as he simped over Jimin. The blonde was 3 rows in front of him and looking cuter then ever in a tiny yellow sweater vest.

Jungkook was a simple man. He only wanted a few things in life. One of those things being a overly pretty boy in adorably nerdy clothes.

Needless to say, he was having quite the crisis with Jimin looking like he did.

This is really stupid. I barely know him, but how the fuck does someone look that good? Is he God's incarnate? Or possible even Satan's? 

The bus spurted out a gust of petrol fumes and smoke as it stopped dead in front of the school. Jungkook looked up in surprise. He hadn't even noticed they had arrived. Too busy staring at the angel that was currently situated a few rows in front of him, he supposed.

He yawned, stretching out his arms, and clambered out of his warm seat. As he did so, he studied the other students, trying to get a glimpse of insight into their minds. They had been so quiet throughout the entire bus ride. Strangely well behaved.

One by one, each student dropped down to the ground from the raised exit of the bus. The kids moved like clockwork, in a perfect pattern. It was like they'd been trained into perfect behaviour. Jungkook wondered how many of them were far from perfect behind the shells that they wore. How many of them were closeted, or secretly depressed. He wondered if any of them had ever just... cracked.

It wasn't a nice community, but it was very interesting. At least to Jungkook it was. He had never been the smartest, but he had always had a creative mind. He found society as a whole interesting, especially the way it had been molded to fit people's beliefs.

Airedale was a classic example of a place where one belief's pressures had gone too far. Where society had been cemented into a place where only one box existed, and if you didn't fit into that box, you had no hope. And if you did fit into that box just enough, there was no escape from it.

The purpose of Jungkook's idea, experiment if you will, wasn't just to stir up shit. Well, it was partly, but it also had another purpose. It was social suicide, but he wanted to see his new classmate's reactions to one certain topic. It would help him learn a few things about them as people. Who they were, what they thought about others, etc.

Jungkook's eyes fell on Jimin yet again as the smaller boy hopped off of the bus. He wondered if he ever cracked.

Jungkook pushed through the line of kids and strolled down the middle of the bus, jumping off and heading to the school's tiny courtyard.

He sat in his favourite spot, a small table underneath a large pine tree, far away enough from the other tables that he was still separate from the other kids, but close enough that they could hear him and he could hear them.

Jungkook breathed in heavily, cracking his ring covered knuckles like the walking cliche he was. After a moment of thinking, he nodded at Junghyun, who had arrived earlier, signaling that it was time for him to leave.

It was time for his experiment to begin.

-

a/n- slightly longer update for today. i've gotten off track with my writing slightly because of exams and some shit going on at school, but i'll prewrite a few more chapters in the next couple of days since most of my exams are done.